Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does anybody understand this CSV format for RAC200 satnav?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anybody understand this CSV format for RAC200 satnav?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Smiley wrote:

I didn't get any bus lane or section control files, in the RAC they have seperate 'section control' and 'end section control' files. They had 'section cameras' but no 'end' files.

On the section control do you provide start and end as separate files or are they combined?

Not sure if you realise, PGPSW have a policy not to include bus lane cameras in their database (see past topics for reasons)

The PGPSW database certainly includes start and end cameras separately for things like SPECS cameras (if that's what you meant by "section control") but there are not many sat-nav brands that can use the informmation. Even brands (such as TomTom) who CAN use it, only allow it for their own data, theeir software has no way for third-party POIs to use the info.

Mr_Smiley wrote:
I'm wondering if i need directional camera alerts

That's a VERY good question.

A lot of people get very upset when they are warned about a camera on the other side of the road, but I find it very reassuring!
Whenever I use a system that DOESN'T alert me to cameras on the other carriageway, then I panic that it may be missing from the database and start worrying if I should report it.

Surely it is far better to be alerted to every camera that's there? And if it reminds you that you may need to check your speed, so much the better. Others may disagree, but that's my way of thinking.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Smiley wrote:
Do you really think i'd use a pirated database from here and then ask for help and advice.
I suspect that there might be some who would Confused
Mr_Smiley wrote:
It's also quite clear from around the web that this is the place to be :o)
Very Happy Very Happy
Mr_Smiley wrote:
It was quite clear from people who are helping here that the RAC one's were taken from a lucky bag and randomly placed in various files.
This also sounds a bit like TomTom's offering.

Does your satnav give directional warnings i.e. on a single carriageway, it will alert you to a cam that would trap you, and going the other way there is no alert?

Andy_P wrote:
The PGPSW database certainly includes start and end cameras separately for things like SPECS cameras (if that's what you meant by "section control") but there are not many sat-nav brands that can use the informmation.
I only know of iGO (and its derivatives), and even then they don't handle them correctly 'out of the box'. The later versions might, but I doubt it.

You have a grovelling Private message Wink
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The RAC200 is a dedicated windows CE based system with all maps/POI's,exe file and ini files on a removable 256mB SD card.

The routing software is Route66 and the SD card holds the application software which is called 'R66Navigate7.exe'.

The official route to updating the 'Free for life' safety cameras is to download a file from route66 called 'ROUTE 66 Safety Camera Update' your supposed to run that when connected to the internet and it downloads the updates, but it does'nt, it's only worked once when i first got the unit and RAC don't respond to any recent emails regarding the 'Free for life'. Legally I've heard the 'life' could be just the product lifespan.

There are several files in folder /root/poi/britian/poi's.csv

Buslane and speed control 30.csv only the 30mph one,

and

Buslane control.csv

start and end files for specs i think

called

Section speed control speed XX.csv
End section control speed XX.csv

XX being speed limit.

Two types of red light speed camera files

there are

Red light and speed control XX.csv

files where XX is the speed on seperate files

and a single

Redlight.csv

I replaced the contents of the original 'Red light and speed control XX.csv' files with the ones i mentioned.

I removed all lines what had asterix's instead of commas in the 'Redlight.csv' file. As we all noticed the top half of the file had the * and an exact copy in the correct cvs format was in the lower half. So i ended up with a file that was all cvs.

After these changes i added all your free poi's for aldi and asda and such, came to 211 in total in that folder. With all these the system crashed and refused to boot into Route66. I removed all but aldi and asda and the safety cvs files. The unit booted with just those.

I'll increase the poi's gradually to find the max before a system crash. I need my poundland fix :o)

There are pre-install poi's, petrol stations, banks, hospitals etc but they are not in cvs form and are probably either embeded in the map or a file called 'MainApplication.dat' which is 2mb in size.

After all the above changes to the .cvs files there were no errors reported during destination changes or when passing safety cameras. So it seem that the updating software, instead of overwriting the original file just did a find/replace for the . to * and appended the new data to the bottom.

I don't actually know anybody stupid enough to update a file that way, append changes yes but not comment out and append the same data.

There update system decreases the space available on the card while not actually adding anything.

ps, yes it was directional ( now you have sown a seed of doubt )

Many thanks

Mr Smiley :o)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anybody understand this CSV format for RAC200 satna Reply with quote

Now you have found out a lot more, perhaps concentrate on the cams, without clouding the issue with other POIs.
From Post 1
Mr_Smiley wrote:
I want to update the safety camera alerts but none of the csv files i have found follow the same format.

{SNIP}i can probably modify the files from this site.

Can you simulate a route and get alerts from cams?

If so, try these two The first is one way and should alert driving South only. The second is a reversible cam so should alert either way. Set a route from 52.68777, -0.32748 to 52.71981, -0.36327. The second cam on route(furthest north) should not alert if the directional data is set up OK.

-0.35752,52.71175,"A15 GATSO@40 South",156,0
-0.34061,52.69921,"A15 GATSO@40 REV",140,1

The headings are those in our database, but you will have to muck about with the 1s & 0s to see what happens.
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was curious as to your start and end locations so put them into Streetmap.co.uk.

It says they can't be found !!!!

52.68777, -0.32748 to 52.71981, -0.36327

It can find the camera locations, but the above come back as search returned no matches.

I don't think it can do simulations - i'll have a play.

What i can do, and was going to do, is, on Princess Road (A5103) between Wilbraham Road/Princess Road and Barlow More Road/Princess Road.

Between Riverside Ave/Barlow More Road, going from Riverside Ave towards Manchester there is a red light camera center of road facing Cheshire,a little further on towards Manchester are two gatso's on opposite sides of the road pointing in opposite directions, a little further in that direction, a matter or probably 50 yards, just after Barlow More Road and well before Nell Lane there is a gatso on the left poinitng towards Manchester.

Still going towards Manchester at the junction of Mauldeth Road West and Princess Road there is one of those new tall cameras positioned in the centre of the road, that use induction loops in the road. That's pointing towards Manchester.

Between Mauldeth Road West and Wilbraham Road there is a gatso on the right pointing away from Manchester towards Chester and on the corner of Wilbraham Road and Princess Road there is a red light camera pointing towards Manchester on the left.

http://www.speedcameramap.co.uk/index.php?lt=53.4227042667927&ln=-2.2552013397216797&zm=15

A safety camera's testers dream all within a mile on one road.

What do you think :o)

Hold on a minute, I'm gonna have to read that again Smile

Yep, got it all wrong, but it's right now :o)

I'm still gonna see if i can do a simulation.

Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Smiley wrote:
I was curious as to your start and end locations so put them into Streetmap.co.uk.

It says they can't be found !!!!
Try deleting the space between the 'comma' and the 'minus'. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proportional spacing can be a pain :o)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it was where I cut the 'Longitude:' out of the lat/lon on the submission map. I just stuck in the comma without thinking about the space.
Have you checked 'your' cams against our submission map to see waht direction they are supposed to alert in. The headings in your example previously seem a little suspect.
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You have a submission map !!!

I had no idea.

Now i gotta find that :o)

If i don't find it, could you point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi M8TJT,

I assume your referring to my description of the cameras on Princess Road. I've gone over them and the directions i said tally with your submission map, which do you think are suspect?

I found, as is obvious from above, your submission map, but there is some unhappy reading in red near the top of the page Sad oh well. Sad Sad :'''(

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Smiley wrote:
I assume your referring to my description of the cameras on Princess Road. I've gone over them and the directions i said tally with your submission map, which do you think are suspect?
I'm confused, I don't think any of the cams in our database are suspect, but do think some of the ones from your original example last are.
Quote:
but there is some unhappy reading in red near the top of the page
What red writing?
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No, i was referring to what you said earlier and couldn't relate to what you were referring to.

"Have you checked 'your' cams against our submission map to see what direction they are supposed to alert in. The headings in your example previously seem a little suspect."

As regards the red writing ( not an exact quote), any new/changed locations reported can't be submitted for a free subscription because you haven't subscribed. Sad

M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Smiley wrote:
"Have you checked 'your' cams against our submission map to see what direction they are supposed to alert in. The headings in your example previously seem a little suspect."
I was referring to the list of cams that you gave in your early posts as some of them appear to be 180(ish) degrees different from ours.
Quote:
any new/changed locations reported can't be submitted for a free subscription because you haven't subscribed.
Unfortunately (for you), you have to be a subscribed member to qualify for the 'Lifetime'

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: