Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ndrive from one Android phone to new Android phone - Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ndrive from one Android phone to new Android phone - Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Ndrive from one Android phone to new Android phone - Help! Reply with quote

Hi,

Just been searching on here for assistance but nothing appears to cover what I need.

I have Ndrive 10 on my old HTC Desire and want to move it to my HTC ONE X.

I tried various things including copying the old desire directory to the new phone and running it up from there after installing the apk file which was backed up on the desire.

When the software runs up it asks if I want to transfer my products (or words to that effect) but then it just sits there and nothing appears...

Surely there must be a way of moving the prog over.

My camera alert just required the associated units removed fro the data base as I had hit the magic 3 maximum units and I just re installed and all is well. (Thanks for the help chaps)

I only use it if we go on holiday abroad to save any data use. Can't really justify buying it again for a once in a year use.

Any help much appreciated

Phil
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi phil-w. not really sure from your post what you have managed to copy over, what you have not and what is or isn't working. If your HTC is rooted I'd suggest backing up using Titanium Backup, transferring this backup file to your new HTC and unpacking it. If not rooted, try an app called BAckup MAster. As you have the .apk file for Ndrive, use app such as appInstaller to install it on your new device.

Sorry if I have completely missed your problem and if this is all dud info.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a copy of the NDRIVE directory off the old phone and have just put it on the New Android phone.

I have copied over the backup of the NDRIVE 10 APK then installed via ESexplorer as I have done with several other progs.

It would appear that the program must use some link to the old phones properties to ensure it is only legitimately installed. I can find no info on the NDRIVE site about this and from what I read elsewhere on the web, user support is very poor.

Any other suggestions appreciated

Phil
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, sadly I have no knowledge of Ndrive but a quick InterWebSearch revealed this on xda. You are correct, it doesn't look good and Ndrive customer services appears to be the only way forward.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-752405.html

Hopefully somebody else can say otherwise.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE !!!

I emailed tech support and got a reply within 2 days. I have now got my HTC ONE X running Ndrive....

I have a issue which I am trying to sort out, not helped by me giving the old and new IMEI's but making a slight error on the New one.

I now have UK and Ireland mapping but unfortunately I had the full West and Central Europe on my old Desire !

Hopefully they will get me sorted soon. So far they have been very good, contrary to other posts and I have at least got a much newer dated couple of maps so far !!

Will keep you all posted.

Phil-w
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 2!!
NDRIVE support have come up with the goods.

I now have latest maps and have even managed to get NDrive 11 instead of my old NDrive 10.

What to do....

Contact Support,

Provide old IMEI

Provide new IMEI

Download NDrive app off Google shop. The version for you is the one for if have a serial number or you have provided IMEI. Tells you in description...

Install it, connect with wireless and download updates....

Then go to My Ndrive, Store, My Products and download the maps you had previously on your old phone... I had 3.3Gb to get...

Worked perfectly and all running fine, but with newer prog and maps..

EXCELLENT SUPPORT, thanks NDRIVE..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: