Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating Kenwood DNX-7260BT map
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating Kenwood DNX-7260BT map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glospete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Updating Kenwood DNX-7260BT map Reply with quote

Please excuse me if I have misposted.

I have had my Kenwood unit for some time and on the screen Garmin "reminded" me that my CN Europe map was out of date and recommended that I update the map. I went onto the Garmin site and saw that the price was about £79 so decided to go ahead. Within a few days the map arrived on an SD card and I assumed it would update the internal maps in my unit (just like the regular firmware updates I receive). But it doesn't! The website never said this but you have to leave the new SD card in the unit. So now instead of taking 16.1 seconds from start-up to the "warning" screen it now takes 37.5 secs. And in 1 out of 3 times the SD card data doesn't load and the built-in map loads.

I have rejected the purchase under Distance Selling Regulations but I wondered if anyone else with such a unit has discovered the same.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you update receiver software etc as specified here?
https://www.garmin.com/kenwood/site/latestMap
It certainly does not say anything about maps being on an SD card. Usually they are supplied on a CD or as a download
glospete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inspiredron wrote:
Did you update receiver software etc as specified here?
It certainly does not say anything about maps being on an SD card. Usually they are supplied on a CD or as a download

Thanks for your comment but your link does not relate to Automotive maps for the Kenwood. This is the link:

What I have also now noticed is that since I ordered my map on 25 March they have brought out another later version (CN Europe NT 2012) ! But my issue still remains.
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have been very quick to see my post. The wrong link was there for about a minute - I spotted it as soon as the page refreshed after i posted and edited it immediately! Sorry Embarassed

However, do speak to Garmin on the phone - they have always been helpful to me. Smile
glospete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to call them tomorrow - before the 7 day limit on Distance Selling expires!
inspiredron
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Kenwood is anything like the normal Garmin units you can go into settings - map - info and untick the box alongside the built-in maps which will stop them from trying to load and may reduce the boot-up time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: