Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom App 9.430
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom App 9.430
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick_1959 wrote:
Has this update disabled the support fro the Micro SD /SD card

Not on my 740 it didn't.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The France "danger zones" are these OK to download..
I notice that Tom-Tom are offering France speed cameras -- are these legal..
A couple of weeks ago they had a tick to Remove French Cameras... what has happened??

Maurice
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear the download corrupted files my device as it decided to go into a contonual loop on boot up.

So when connected to pc, i tried everything and in the end reformatted and went through the TomTom updating and which seems to have sorted it
GO 920 Dead
entwood
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fibre wrote:
The France "danger zones" are these OK to download..
I notice that Tom-Tom are offering France speed cameras -- are these legal..
A couple of weeks ago they had a tick to Remove French Cameras... what has happened??

Maurice

My understanding is the prime purpose of the 9.430 update is around the french camera problem. 9.430 now has a new section .. under TT services .. "danger areas" that seems to work ... although having not been to France with it all I've done is some test runs on made up itinerarys ..
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update has worked exactly as the previous version on my 740 with no bugs or problems.

Whilst in France at the weekend I did once see an alert icon on the screen when travelling on a section of motorway with a reduced speed limit. I didn't hear a warning, but that may be becasue I had not at that time gone into the new Alert menu and clicked on the sound settings although it looked like it should have played an alert by default.
Fibre
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianbarker wrote:
The update has worked exactly as the previous version on my 740 with no bugs or problems.

Whilst in France at the weekend I did once see an alert icon on the screen when travelling on a section of motorway with a reduced speed limit. I didn't hear a warning, but that may be becasue I had not at that time gone into the new Alert menu and clicked on the sound settings although it looked like it should have played an alert by default.

Can we safely use them without fear of zee politzi doing us??? for knowledge of a speed camera offence
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Quote TomTom -

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5560/~/is-the-tomtom-speed-camera-service-legal%3F

New update: TomTom Speed Camera service becomes Danger Zones in France
TomTom had a meeting with the Road Safety Ministry to clarify the situation regarding new and upcoming legislation. As a result, TomTom is introducing a 100% compliant Danger Zones service available in a free download for compatible products.

GO LIVE 1000/1005/1005 World, GO LIVE 820/825, Via LIVE 120/125, Via 120/125, Via LIVE 120/125, Start 20/25, GO x50 (LIVE), GO x40 LIVE, GO x30, GO x20, XL IQ Routes Edition / XL IQ Routes Edition 2 / XL (IQ Routes) Classic, XL IQ Routes LIVE, XXL / XXL Classic, Start 2 / Start Classic / Start XL but not Start 1, ONE IQ Routes Edition and Pearl

If your navigation device is in this list, you can easily download the new French Danger Zones service:

Make sure you comply with the law when driving in France [ show me how... ]

If your device is not in this list, we are sorry but your device is not compatible with the new Danger Zones service. To be compliant, disable the speed camera alerts on your device when driving in France.

Make sure you comply with the law when driving in France. [ more... ]

For iPhone users: TomTom will soon release version 1.10 of TomTom Navigation app for iPhone/iPad. This release does not yet offer a fully-compliant solution for speed cameras in France. Version 1.10 disables the Speed Camera service for all owners of the app that have a map of France (France, W. Europe, Europe). Later this spring the app will include a fully-compliant Danger Zone service for France.

New Danger Zones service in France

What do I need to do?
If you have a device that is supported, you need to connect your navigation device to TomTom HOME or MyTomTom and do the following:

Download the new update that activates French Danger Zones on your navigation device. [ show me how... ]
Download the one-time free download of a French Danger Zones file. This is for everyone even if you don’t have a subscription to the Speed Camera service. [ show me how... ]

How does it work?

In France, all types of speed camera locations and accident black spots are now reported using a new service: Danger Zones
Specific locations are not available and a Danger Zone icon is shown instead.
The length of the zone depends on the road type at the current location and can be 300m/2000m/4000m.
The location of the speed camera, if any, in that zone is randomised.
In future, Danger Zones provided by the French government (Zones de Vigilance Accrue) will be included in our database as they become available.

Useful tips

The only speed limit indicated is the one from your map. It can be incorrect if the map is too old and needs updating.
If several cameras are close to each other, the warning can be merged in a single longer zone.
The reporting of Danger Zones is still possible and legal but the location will be randomised for all users. TomTom appreciates the continued community-based reporting.
Danger Zones are only available when driving in France. The TomTom Speed Camera service works as normal outside of French borders. This applies if a route goes across French borders.
If you drive without a route planned, the performance of the Danger Zone alerts may decrease.
The service has been renamed to Danger Zones in the Services menu on your device. However until your device has a GPS fix and knows it is in France, the menu may still refer to Speed Cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: