Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Copilot Voice Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Copilot Voice Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Copilot Voice Alerts Reply with quote

I am now using Copilot Premium UK (changed for iGo8) on my Andriod HTC HD2 and am disappointed that there are no voice alerts for this sat nav

Is there any chance in updating this.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not following you?! Do you mean voice alerts for our speed camera database? For the nav app to give you directions?

I'm not even sure if CoPilot Premium can even accept 3rd party POIs like our database - if it can't then there's nothing we can do other than suggest you mention it to ALK.

MaFt
stevei
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Sorry, not following you?! Do you mean voice alerts for our speed camera database? For the nav app to give you directions?

I'm not even sure if CoPilot Premium can even accept 3rd party POIs like our database - if it can't then there's nothing we can do other than suggest you mention it to ALK.

MaFt

Thanks for the fast response MaFt

I have installed the pocketgps database on Copilot Premium and all I get is a message saying "Camera Alert". On iGo8 I had the full type and speed alert.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK, I've not used premium but in CP8 you only got a basic 'camera alert' type warning and the speed. No description about the type of camera, no different icons and no option to add any different audio warnings files.

It looks like this still hasn't improved with Premium. It is out of our control as we can only work with what the app provides us with.

The best option, I think, would be to buy the CamerAlert app for 59p and link that to your PGPSW account. You wil then get full spoken alerts of speed and type as well as the option for overspeed warnings. The app would run in the background so you can still use CP for navigation, the audio would play for the alerts and, if overspeed is turned on, a large speed limit sign will be overlaid in front of any app you have in the foreground as a reminder of the speed of the camera.

CamerAlert links are here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/cameralert.php

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: