Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with TomTom maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with TomTom maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimelliot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Help with TomTom maps Reply with quote

I purchased a new set of maps for my TomTom 930. I downloaded the latest USA maps but have had to install onto a memory card as there is insufficient space on my device for the new map set.
I want to mpve the USA maps from the card and replace the North Amaerica map set on my device, how can this be done and still retain my favourites on my device.
The memory catd has two folders, 1) Maps 2) United States
My TT has a folder North America
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, do you really NEED to move the map off the card onto the internal memory - it'll work from the card just by switching maps. It should work just as fast off the card as in the device (unless you've got a very slow card). Try switching maps and see that it works.

Then, using Windows Explorer (or Finder on Mac), look in the North America folder on your device and find the file called mapsettings.cfg. Copy it into the United States folder on the card (say YES to replace if you are asked), then switch maps to United States and see if your favourites are now there.

Assuming the favourites are now on the new map, if you are still keen to put the map on the device instead of the card........

Do a complete backup of the device internal memory - using Windows Explorer (or Finder on Mac), copy and paste everything from the device into a new folder on your computer.

Delete the folder North America from the device. Copy and paste the complete folder United States from the card to the device.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the latest Europe map the American map won't fit on the internal memory as there won't be enough space, leave it on the memory card - Mike
jimelliot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out, just moved North America maps to SD card, and USA maps to TT. Copied mapsettings.cfg into new maps and all is well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: