Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GoLive 550 - Programming a re-useable return trip
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GoLive 550 - Programming a re-useable return trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sollythegolly
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: GoLive 550 - Programming a re-useable return trip Reply with quote

I use my TomTom on a daily basis on my commute to work. Not that I don't know the way by now, but it does remind me of the traffic cameras on my route (which I would forget....), and also keeps me informed of the traffic woes.

I do not follow the TomTom calculated quickest route, but stage my journey through a regulary 'waypoint'. I return home the same route (and waypoint).

My question is: How can I program this regular round trip in to my TomTom, such that I only have to call it up in the morning and not have to enter all the details each time? I would like to call up the round trip, including the waypoint(s), when I switch on, and have it retained throughout the day (i.e., remember where I left off, when I switch it off on arrival at work).

Currently, when I switch the device on, I program the device to navigate to my place of work, which it does. I then have to instruct it to find an alternative, which is via a (favourite) waypoint. When I get to my place of work, I then have to repeat the exercise for the navigate to home.

I feel sure that there must be an easier way to do this. Can anyone suggest anything ?????
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not benig a 550 owner myself i am only guessing, but it's what i'd try first.

You need to create an itinerary; navigate through the tt screens until you find the icon. create it by adding waypoints using either the map or the poi's of your favourite cameras.
i'd suggest making the final waypoint (destination) somewhere near to where you live but a bit further along the road so you never actually reach your destination and the itinerary stays in a loop (this needs testing, it may need refining or is flawed).
my tt's have a habit of ignoring waypoints if the tt considers them to be too far off of the obvious route. to force the route i want, i need to select the "shortest" option when offered.

good luck
SatMap Active 10 & 20.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: