Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POIs and "My TomTom" Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POIs and "My TomTom" Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: POIs and "My TomTom" Problem Reply with quote

I thought I would download PGPS poi's this morning, connected as instructed and waited, small menu confirmed connnection and up to date and clicked as instructed and nothing, just closed. Has anyone else had this happen?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give more precise details of what you are doing and what device you are trying to install to?

Assuming (from your title that it is a TomTom model that uses the "MyTomTom" web interface, then the steps should be as follows.

At what stage are you having problems?

1. Download the PGPSW database
2. Unzip the files from the downloaded archive
3. Connect the TomTom to the computer and run MyTomTom
4. Click on the MyTomTom icon in the system tray (next to the clock) to get a pop-up box
5. Click on "Add community content" in that box
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the "Community POI on device" section if necessary, and click on "Add POI"
7.Click on the "Browse" button that should have appeared
8. Browse to the folder where you extracted the files from the zip archive in step 2, and using notmal Windows selection methods (click and drag etc) select ALL the files you need.
If this is the first time it will be all the .ov2 data files, all the .bmp icons and all the .ogg voice warnings. If you are just updating the camera files then you only need to select the .ov2 data files.
9. Click on install

The files should now transfer over to the TomTom.

If this is the first time you've downloaded the Speed Camera Database you'll need to set up all the warnings in "Manage POIs". Instructions for that are in the main download instructions on this site.

EDIT: I've now discovered from a post on another forum that it is a Go1000 we are dealing with.
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: TomTom Problems Reply with quote

Hi
I have a Via 125, which again uses TomTomHome. I have had a problem updating my Speed camera, I contacted Tomtom, apparently there is a known problem that they hope to fix. But When???

God gave us the Integer, the rest was devised by man.
radville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Andy, my problem does not appear to be with PGPS it seems to be with My TomTom, The box appears, I connect my 1000,as requested, I'm told it's upto date but when I go to click on My TomTom or Add community the box disappears and doesn't come back, until I click on the icon. Any ideas please.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to suggest... All I can say is that My TomTom and the Add Community Content feature are both working fine here. I used it at about lunchtime and again just now.

(two pictures here... they should load eventually but my ISP is awful!)

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling MyTomTom? Are you using the latest version?

Last edited by Andy_P on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
radville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Andy,have tried uninstall but no joy when you connect to your computer does the sat nav screen change as mine just shows my home map, and a small icon to the left showing a pc, but no menu or splash screen. the Tom Tom home used to have the pic of my 540 sitting in the base, any ideas?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radville wrote:
when you connect to your computer does the sat nav screen change as mine just shows my home map, and a small icon to the left showing a pc, but no menu or splash screen.

That's right...You should just have the small icon in the bottom left corner. That's normal and correct for the new models that use MyTomTom, because with the new interface there's no need for them to go into a special "computer mode".

So you can get the pop-up box shown in my first picture?
And the Go is shown as "connected" at the top of that box?

If so it looks like MyTomTom itself is OK.

But clicking on either "MyTomTom", or "Add community content" in that box should fire up new web browser windows (in IE or Firefox or whatever you use).
So it looks like you could have a browser comparability problem?

What browser are you using? Might be worth a reinstall or update of that?
radville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My browser is talk talk and I get a message ref: Microsoft Windows XP Hotfix KB959765 asking me to install,any ideas?
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft Windows XP Hotfix KB959765 is described on the Microsoft help & support website here. The hotfix can be downloaded and installed from a link at the top of that page.

The hotfix is designed to fix problems with Remote Network Driver Interface devices. It is possible that TomTom use this technology to connect a GO1000 to the PC although I can't confirm this.

The hotfix is unlikely to do any harm but, as always, it is sensible to back up your PC before installing new software on it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: