Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ALK Launch CoPilot Live Premium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realise that I now have the CP camera database still in there. Can anyone point me in the right direction of deleting the poi_uk.safetycam file as I can't seem to see it on my SD card and I don't want it as an option.

Cheers

Last edited by hellybob on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Import POI's Reply with quote

fredbloggs123 wrote:
Looks like the speedcameras are just in a csv file. So it should be easy to create my own POI set along with a suitable icon/png file. However anybody know how to extract the Lat/Lon's etc from my POI's that I created on my phone?

I can't understand it I create a csv file with exactly the same headers etc as the camera csv files but it won't auto import like the pocketgpsworld file does. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellybob wrote:
I realise that I now have the CP camera database still in there. Can anyone point me in the right direction of deleting the poi_uk.safetycam file as I can't seem to see it on my SD card and I don't want it as an option.

Cheers

I have sorted it now. It was in the EU subfolder.
seblog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought the Premium USA version, it's ridiculos cheap now (9,99$) i can test it right now, but i'll use it for my upcoming trip to the states.
The only strange thing is that when i click on wikipedia or bing search it tells me if i want to know more about the feature then it hangs with loading spinner (i can go back pressing back on the phone)
for the remaining part it seems very nice and well done, i'm using itinerary planner right now.
The price of EU version should be lower
Only Italy is priced at more than 20$ which is not logical to me...
sd_wibble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have v8 with 9 months left on my Traffic Subscription.
I've sent an email to ALK support 2 days ago asking if this will work in the new version, or if I have to buy it again.
No response so far Rolling Eyes
Traffic on Copilot v8 is fairly inaccurate and useless compared with TomTom, so hope its better in 9.

If anyone knows about my existing traffic, please let me know.
majorimpact
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased this, however having problems with pocketworld GPS speedcams. Have downloaded the files, used the csv format and whilst all intergeated OK and shows up on map, can't seem to get audible warnings. Used today with camalert initially gave warnings on first trip but camalert lost sound. On return journey no alerts till I restarted xmcopilot, then only got one. Doesn't seem to work unless you plan trip and have camalert on in background. Anyone had same issues? Am I doing something wrong?
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Speedcamera alerts Reply with quote

I used the separate V8 file and they all install at once now which is good. They appear on my map as they did on V8. They also give an audible and visual alert on Copilot as well as my alerts working as before on Cameralert. (Touchwood). I presume you have Settings/Safety Cameras/Display Camera Alerts ticked.
Mordorf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

majorimpact wrote:
Purchased this, however having problems with pocketworld GPS speedcams. Have downloaded the files, used the csv format and whilst all intergeated OK and shows up on map, can't seem to get audible warnings. Used today with camalert initially gave warnings on first trip but camalert lost sound. On return journey no alerts till I restarted xmcopilot, then only got one. Doesn't seem to work unless you plan trip and have camalert on in background. Anyone had same issues? Am I doing something wrong?

I'm having problems with alerts also but I've not travelled very far to really try it out yet. I had one correct alert today and I noticed that the alert is shown surrounding the road speed limit notification. Now most of the roads in my area don't display a speed so it may be that this is the problem. I'll try and turn off road speed display and see what happens then.

Can't get the correct icons to display either, the default copilot camera icon is displayed for every camera.
majorimpact
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Speedcamera alerts Reply with quote

fredbloggs123 wrote:
I used the separate V8 file and they all install at once now which is good. They appear on my map as they did on V8. They also give an audible and visual alert on Copilot as well as my alerts working as before on Cameralert. (Touchwood). I presume you have Settings/Safety Cameras/Display Camera Alerts ticked.

yes all boxes ticked, funny thing is did a journey today with it on a planned route with cam alert running in background, copilot alerted me to all moblie speedcams on my route, however on return journey on same settings not one alert and can't seem to get it working again, unless the speedcams were ones copilot already had in database(although doubt it). very confused and frustrated, may try deleting coplilot database and see what occurs. also niticed speedwarnings shown but again only on planned route.
spikeywelsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not been able to get the poi to install
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Cameras Reply with quote

I agree 'mordorf' it looks like Pocket world cameras just use the standard copilot camera icon.
spikeywelsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you have installed them do you get a pop up saying you added new pois as i not getting that and when i go to my pois the cams are not listed
hellybob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I get a message about adding or integrating POI's.
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spikeywelsh wrote:
when you have installed them do you get a pop up saying you added new pois as i not getting that and when i go to my pois the cams are not listed

After adding the files to the save folder I get an 'Integrating POI's' message on first start up. After that they are there.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone any idea of how long we gave to wait for the iPhone version to be released? They seem to be particularly slow.
Doug

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: