Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon premium 40 and Pocketgps camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon premium 40 and Pocketgps camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sphelps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Navigon premium 40 and Pocketgps camera database Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone can tell me how I install the camera database and set up the advanced warnings on the Navigon Premium 40.

My main satnav is a tomtom 720, which I download the database OK, but have been given the Navigon, and as the mapping abroad is better than tomtom I will start using it as my main one.

Seeing that the camera database is the best and most accurate out there I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to install the database and any other 3rd party software required to use and warn me of cameras.

I’m not that good on PC’s etc so really need your help

Regards
Steve
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Ere - get off my perch! Smile - hi Steve.

Difficult to give a blow by blow account. Better if you do what you can and ask specific questions.

Here are a few pointers to get you going:

- Section 8.2 (page 71) of the Navigon 40 User Guide (available from the support page of their website if you haven't got it already). Note in particular though that there is a maximum of 10,000 POIs allowed (in a max of 40 categories), and that you must name the PC folder you use to download POIs to the '40' from "MyPOIs", and you use the Navigon Fresh program to do it

- the steps to download cameras from here is on the 'Download Speed Cams' page at
Quote:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

Again note specifically that the download format to choose is "Other - CSV". The whole database contains over 11,000 UK cameras so you won't be able to load all the files onto the '40' - you'll have to be a bit selective. I don't know if you have Navigon fixed cameras on your '40' - you can check in 'Settings', 'warn of safety cameras?' or something; you click on the info icon, and if the select option 'lights up' you can say 'yes' if you want to. That was my personal choice - to use Navigon's data for the main part, and add Redlights and Specs from here, until Navigon up their limit. The PGPSW download is pretty simple, especially after the first time btw.

A general note - Navigon's warnings are verbal & on the map. You can't set any verbal/voice warnings for the PGPSW ones, but you can get them to display on the map

Hope that's enough to get you started. All the best - come back if you get stuck ! Razz
sphelps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigPerk, thats a great help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: