Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Machina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have a mapsettings.cfg that will sound the alerts without a route planned just like on the normal TomToms?
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried increasing the size of the icon file to 44x44 and it appears larger but now blurred!! Anyway round this?
Doug
paul_marsden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
I tried increasing the size of the icon file to 44x44 and it appears larger but now blurred!! Anyway round this?
Doug

Tried using the original file and then the advanced settings in Irfan View?
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V1.7 does this. Just select disable voice.
This only silences the voice and not the speed cam warnings.
A big improvement on V1.6 where the only option was to mute all sounds
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had some time to dig in to the V1,7 and getting the speed camera files working correctly here is a summary:

Name.png _ True 24 bit png image = icon on the map
Name_X2.png _ True 24 bit png image = icon displayed in menu
Name.ogg _ ogg audio file for warning sound

You no longer get the flashing warning displayed top left, its gone so get used to it, to be honest it never worked very well especially on an iPhone4 with the retina display.

When configured correctly you do get the icons on the map and displayed in the menu where required, you also get the spoken alert when approaching a camera, this will inform you of the camera type and its rated speed (something you can't do with the offering from TomTom).

I now have a set of files for the iPhone4 but need to sort out a set of files for the 3G/ 3GS users, this also will need testing when I can get the wife's iPhone for half an hour, once thats done I will get the downloads sorted albeit in a new thread as this one has run its course - Mike
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm that the new V1.7 files are working fine. Thanks Mike. Very Happy
Machina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:
V1.7 does this. Just select disable voice.
This only silences the voice and not the speed cam warnings.
A big improvement on V1.6 where the only option was to mute all sounds

Thanks for the suggestion but this still requires me to plan a route. On a standard TomTom I can set it to warn when no route is being followed.

There must be a way to do this with the Iphone App. I need them to warn just like the standard TomTom speed cameras.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machina wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion but this still requires me to plan a route. On a standard TomTom I can set it to warn when no route is being followed.

To do this on the iPhone would require access to a PND running V860 maps with a full set of speed camera POI files installed and configured with the checkbox for "Warn only when POI on route" deselected, you then copy the MapSettings.cfg from the PND, rename it to all lowercase then use it on the iPhone app, this file isn't something thats available, you would need to create it yourself - Mike
Machina
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Atm I don't have access to a TomTom. Is this someone could do?
Ash_P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a mapsettings.cfg without "plan a route", is a German Board.

http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/forum1000262-tomtom-ios/1158620-externe-pois-in-die-tomtom-iphone-app-einbinden/post-2507741.html#post2507741

But this mapsettings.cfg has other names (warning sounds) for the Speedcam POIs!!!

Names:
http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/forum1000262-tomtom-ios/1158620-externe-pois-in-die-tomtom-iphone-app-einbinden/post-2504291.html#post2504291
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: V1.7 files Reply with quote

Confirmed. I renamed all my *.png files back to *.bmp. I then used a free Windows program called IrfanView to batch convert them all to png files and ticked a box in IrfanView's advanced batch settings to convert to 24 bit (as I had a few that were only 8 bit). Uploaded them back to the iPhone and no more red squares when using v1.7

Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve,

I use an iMac which means use of IrfanView doesn't really work for me. Is there any chance you (or anyone else in the forum) can email me with the files i need so i can upload to my iphone 4 (and subsequently to my wife's iphone 3GS) via DiskAid (for Mac)?

Regards.

Samir
StephenLai
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:

To do this on the iPhone would require access to a PND running V860 maps with a full set of speed camera POI files installed and configured with the checkbox for "Warn only when POI on route" deselected, you then copy the MapSettings.cfg from the PND, rename it to all lowercase then use it on the iPhone app, this file isn't something thats available, you would need to create it yourself - Mike

I use my TOMTOM ONE IQ runing V845 maps (not sure about other TOMTOM Model) to setup my Iphone mapsettings.cfg file. It runs fine on both Iphone 3GS and 4.

DO THE BACKUP ON BOTH IPHONE AND TT FIRST !!!

First save your original copy of the mapsettings.cfg in TT unit (either copy onto your PC or rename at TT unit). Copy the Iphone mapsettings.cfg to TT. Do the usually setup of the POI waring. (at "Is this the sound you want to select? select Yes). Once it done the setting on TT unit; copy the file to PC and onto the Iphone; put the original mapsettings.cfg back onto the TT Unit.

The top left hand corner icon (use by TT speed camera)will display if you leave the IPhone app speed camera On and can stand 2 icons (one from TT and from PGPSW) display on the route. On the other hand you cannnot turn it off. Even you set speed camera option to Off and once you kill the app off the background (by passing home battom twice) and restart the app the speed camera by default turn back to On. I delect the the TT speed camera from the app and speed camera option disappear from the advanced option. The 3 files I delete are at the folder where you put the PGPSW warning files (call Safty_Cam_UK_TomTom) ov2, ove2.dct & ov2.ver.[/b]

Stephen.
sschandoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: TT V1.7 Reply with quote

Thanks to Stephen, i now have this working on my iphone 4. Will shortly do the necessary on my wife's iphone 3GS. Hopefully, will work just as well.

Did a route demo using postcodes initially given by Mike Adler on a previous download. Mobile camera warnings come up as they should (except no icon on top left - as Mike noted in his earlier post). However, i seem to get two gatso warnings: (1) from the pocketgps and (2) another one which i think is TT's own as it comes up with a small traffic light type icon, followed by a beeping sound and an icon on the top left of the screen (showing a countdown to the camera).

Should i get rid of the second one; if so, how?. Dont think it will impair the driving even if it stays on.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a double Gatso warning at the end of Lindale Gardens then that is quite normal as there are indeed two Gatso cameras at this location, if you suspect its a secondary warning being triggered by the TomTom database simply remove the files as described by StephenLai a couple of posts prior to this one - Mike
paulsaddington
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: mapsettings.cfg Reply with quote

having trouble getting the voice alerts working with v1.7, I sort of followed the instructions on the first page (my phone is jailbroken so i SFTP the files rather than use diskAid!)

(I modified the images to 24bit png files so the images work perfectly its just the audio on my 3gs!)

copied the mapsettings.cfg file to : they seem to equate to the same folders!

/private/var/mobile/Applications/ADA1E07C-CE58-4CC7-A7D7-4F8AE47E721F/Documents/Western_Europe

copied the ov2,ogg and png files to
/private/var/mobile/Applications/ADA1E07C-CE58-4CC7-A7D7-4F8AE47E721F/WEurope.app/Western_Europe

Was wondering if anyone can help? I was reading about taking the file from a tom tom PND, have an old tom tom one xl but reading the posts it doesnt sound like the file from this device would work!?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 16 of 42

Jump to: