Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
locksmith
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does camara manager have any issues with Norton Internet Security?
I haven't used it for a while and CM says I'm not logged in although I am.
CM reports that the current database is from Feburary which is possibly when I installed the latest Norton.
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally got around to making a donation. I hope it's reasonable.

Without scrolling through 58 pages, what happens next? Do I get a magic incantation to get the extra features or what?

cheers

Alan
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get an email..... Give it a day or two though....
lonedreamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

I am having a few issues with the database and hoping that you may be able to help.
Since downloading v3 of ashs software and the various issues getting the voices etc all sorted I found the seperate north/south announcements to be slightly nightmarish as it would give repeated warnings (as warned) and I couldnt cope. I deleted all the files in the folder and allowed cm to download a 'clean' version. I switched the speed camera direction warning off but Im still finding several cameras have multiple warnings. I also have a problem with overspeed 'bonging' - Ive selected 'seperate out' and ive got all the overspeed warnings off yet its still bonging. Im using a garmin nuvi 265w - and Ive used previous versions of CM and eliminated the bonging.

The thing is I never used to have these issues on the system when I used to download the zoned version of the database and then used ash to modify/install it. Is it possible with v3 to simply download the zoned version manually and use CM like I used to? I believe at the moment that cm downloads the 'big' db then works it all out itself and I feel like this is not helping the issues I seem to have.
vdeknock
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, new user and looking for a bit of help. I have read from the start of the v3 post but I am unclear about a few settings.

I am very new to the whole GPS, speed camera database and have started on the step learning curve. To make it easier I am in Perth, Australia so we dont have heaps of fixed camera yet. I updated the camera database to include the new 12 fixed (redspeed) camera's that have just been activated in Perth. I am guessing these are classed as redlight camera's?
You said to disable the overspeed warning for redlight camera's but if I do that I wont get a warning that I am speed at the wrong time?

To make the REDSPEED camera's warning more important is there anythink I can do, we only have 12 in Perth at the moment but they already plan to install another 17.

I started to play with the voice stuff, and got the +325 voice files generated, copied them to the Garmin POI directory I have POI loader pointed at. Next it said could not find sox.exe in c:\Garmin so I copied that over. I have looked on the GPS but I can't see any new voice files - what am I missing?

I noticed a lot of the good features are contributors so I sent a few pounds your way (hope I have sent enough Smile ).

I am sure this will start to make sense as I play and drive around.

Will the direction information (warning) ever work on my new 1490T model? I looked at the Garmin website and they point this out as a feature but all I read is no.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

Quote:
You said to disable the overspeed warning for redlight camera's but if I do that I wont get a warning that I am speed at the wrong time?

Who said that?

Quote:
I have looked on the GPS but I can't see any new voice files - what am I missing?

The voice files are mixed in with the Speed Camera data in the POI.GPI file. You won't see any new voices.

Quote:
Will the direction information (warning) ever work on my new 1490T model?

Not unless Garmin change their mind and allow 3rd party Speed Camera alerts to use directional data. For now it's limited to their own (Cyclops) database.

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
marksnsparks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using camera manager for ages with excellent results. However each of the last two weeks when I would expect an update to the GPSW database to be available. I am getting camera manager reporting multiple error messages saying error loading *.* for finalising. Any one any idea how to solve it? I am running camera manager 3.0 with windows 7 and have the garmin option selected with sort by camera type, add speed camera direction and separate out approach selected.
Audio version 2.30
GTM12 - Version 4.80 Firmware
GPS v3.00
bluetooth software version 3.10
borgmaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been using camera manager for ages but last 2 weeks have been having problems with updating failures. This weeks eventually worked after a few attempts.
redsquirrel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Camea Manager 3 - IE9 RC Reply with quote

I have installed the IE9 RC software and Camera Manager 3 is having a problem detecting I am logged into the PGPSW website. I am though, I am running with the advanced securiy off, and I am running Camera Manager as an Administrator.

All I now get is a "you are not logged into PGPSW" message every time
DriveSmart (pending disposal Sad )
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now getting the same message when I try to log on.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barncluith wrote:
I'm now getting the same message when I try to log on.

which version of IE?

IE9 is still not public so if you're running the RC then maybe it's something that Ash10 would need to take a look at amending Camera Manager to make it work with IE9. Or it could fix itself with the public release... Who knows?!

It could also be a 'clash' with the new download system (changed today) but, to be honest I can't see how that would affect the way that CameraManager functions...

MaFt
ManicMic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently using IE8 and have spent the past 3 hours trying to update my speed camera database via camera manager 3.0 and I've failed miserably. All I get is the you are not logged in message.

Has someone changed something or am I going mad? Laughing Out Loud.
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
It could also be a 'clash' with the new download system (changed today) but, to be honest I can't see how that would affect the way that CameraManager functions...

ha.... Confused

I've had the same problem today. I assumed it was down to my new fangled Windows 7 64bit with IE9 RC .... but it wasn't (good ol' Windows XP, IE8 gave the same error).

I fired up Fiddler to see what was going on:

Camera Manager requests http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras ... and that's exactly what it receives back. Presumably there is something missing (or extra) in that data that makes it output its default error message? Sad

I inadvertently worked around the issue:

• Deleted all existing .zip/.gpx & .bmp files
  • Fired up Camera Manager, and set it to "TomTom" (even though I'm definitely a Garmin user!) and then exited the program.
  • Manually downloaded the .zip file (Select: 'Other CSV', single 'File with all cameras')
  • Rename downloaded zip to pgpsw-speed-cams-uk.zip, in directory that Camera Manager expects
  • Invoke Camera Manager and re-select Garmin

At this point, it sprang into life, unpacked the zip and built the required GPX files. (At least, that's what I think I did Very Happy )

Last edited by PhilHornby on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
ManicMic
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just fired up Camera Manager and selected "TomTom" but couldn't exit straight away because it started downloading. I then deleted the downloaded .zip file and then selected "Garmin" within Camera Manager.

It worked. I now have the latest database. Cool Cool Cool

One thing I have noticed though is Camera Manager is showing the current database downloaded as being 9.022 09 Feb 11. That can't be true as I deleted that .zip file and I've just checked the Release.txt file within the .zip file it just downloaded and that tells me it's Version 9.023 (16 Feb 11).
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManicMic wrote:
I've just fired up Camera Manager and selected "TomTom" but couldn't exit straight away because it started downloading. I then deleted the downloaded .zip file and then selected "Garmin" within Camera Manager.

Ah - slight amendment to instructions required ... first, delete any existing .zip file

(It probably wasn't downloading; toggling Garmin to TomTom seems to make it check what's already there)

Last edited by PhilHornby on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 58 of 77

Jump to: