Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Replacement iPone - how to transfer tomtom to new phone?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacement iPone - how to transfer tomtom to new phone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gpsgimp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Replacement iPone - how to transfer tomtom to new phone? Reply with quote

Having replaced an iPhone due to damage Embarassed (thank goodness for insurance!) when restoring the new iphone I cannot restore TomTom app. This is presumably due to the purchase being tied to the old damaged iphone. How do you transfer the tomtom app to the new phone, I’m cautious of just "purchasing" the app. again since I’ll probably be charged for it!
Anyone had this problem before?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't restore, worry not. Once restore has completed, sync iPhone with iTunes and re-select the TomTom app for installation. Simples.

Same applies to any app that you've purchased. Although I've never had an issue restoring with TomTom as one of the apps and I do it almost weekly as I'm testing the latest beta.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for info, apps you buy are NOT linked to your iphone. they are linked to your itunes account. eg if you have 3 iphones in the same house and they all use the same itunes account then you can install any purchased apps on any of the iphones. suddenly makes app's a lot cheaper!

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
suddenly makes app's a lot cheaper!

Cheaper than iPhones? Laughing

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
sn00p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for posting in this thread, but it's related and I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere on the internet.

Basically, myself and my fiance both have iPhones, hers is her work phone. She is leaving her employer and will be purchasing her own iPhone.

We both use a single iTunes account, so we both have TomTom on our phones. At the beginning of last November, she purchased a years subscription to TomTom traffic, at the end of November I also purchased a years subscription. Her purchases in TomTom show her subscription ending at the beginning of November this year and mine shows it ending at the end of November this year. All good so far.

Now, the method for changing device appears to be "install on new phone and then press restore purchases", now I don't see how this is going to work, it can't know which subscription is for which phone as it can only do that by UDID (I have the UDID of her old phone). My fear is that the moment she hits restore purchases, one of the subscriptions will transfer to her phone and the other will disappear off into the wilderness.

Does anybody know exactly how this works? Has anybody done the same in my situation?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't the faintest idea. But what I'd do in your situation is go into the Apple shop and ask them - I have always found them completely helpful.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
alan_dr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sn00p

When you click to restore licences in the tomtom app on the new phone, it will prompt for the email address and password you registered with tomtom. If that email address is already registered on another phone it will in effect cancel the other licence and move it to the new phone.
sn00p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_dr wrote:
@sn00p

When you click to restore licences in the tomtom app on the new phone, it will prompt for the email address and password you registered with tomtom. If that email address is already registered on another phone it will in effect cancel the other licence and move it to the new phone.

Oh....so I assume in that case that we must have registered with different email addresses for both traffic purchases to be working correctly.

No idea what email addresses and passwords we used though, that's going to be harder to figure out!

Cheers.

Adrian
sn00p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D

Thanks alan, I couldn't remember her password, but I was able to reset it as I had used her email address when we installed traffic on it, when I logged in via the web I was able to see the order for the tomtom traffic and a different order for traffic on my email address. :D

We're good to go now!

Adrian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: