Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - User-POI update now available - 14th Feb 2011
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

User-POI update now available - 14th Feb 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
@ mjdj1689

You should have delete (actually "Remove") buttons as well, if you've added any POIs

You should have something like GeePees screen here

Thanks for that it was my browser, got it now . Couple of things the speed camera database from Tom Tom has been updated on my unit, as it's showing a lot more info now where I live, like temp speed cameras , the one where the police have the mobile gun. It never showed that before.

On a second note if I want to update the database from here, do I have to remove the database one by one by the remove button and then add them again one by one.
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
@ mjdj1689

You should have delete (actually "Remove") buttons as well, if you've added any POIs

You should have something like GeePees screen here

Thanks for that it was my browser, got it now . Couple of things the speed camera database from Tom Tom has been updated on my unit, as it's showing a lot more info now where I live, like temp speed cameras , the one where the police have the mobile gun. It never showed that before.

On a second note if I want to update the database from here, do I have to remove the database one by one by the remove button and then add them again one by one.
jonstatt
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I right to understand that there is no update yet for the 1005?

It seems to use different versions. Current app version is

10.040.582472.31 (0) (4007, 1/10/2010)

EDIT: I spoke to TomTom. 1005 version is not out yet. It is due on Friday.
vgg651w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking to customer services at the moment, and apparently despite what their facebook (referenced on another forum) page says, the update isn't available to all mytomtom users.
And even though I have a 1000, not all 1000's will receive the update!
You really couldn't make it up!
And email response
"at the moment there is no update for all our devices Go1000
The update is still in pre production so in testing and some device are receiving this update and some aren't
Please wait a few days and try to update the unit again, this update should be available for all our customers with My tom tom shortly"
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
thefella wrote:
its a 1000 live

I'm doing a little checking for you.....will come back later if I can find a source to resolve you problem.

Meanwhile, I have tried to upload the UK Consolidated speed cam files, but MyTT reports that there is insufficient room on the device - even for one single ov2 file. I don't think there is any way of finding out what the device capacity/installed size is, so for the moment, I'm stuck. Sad

Good news!! I have made another attempt to install the pgpsw consolidated speed cam files and this time did not get the 'no space' message and all seem to have installed correctly and easily. Laughing
Sproing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vgg651w wrote:
speaking to customer services at the moment, and apparently despite what their facebook (referenced on another forum) page says, the update isn't available to all mytomtom users.
And even though I have a 1000, not all 1000's will receive the update!
And email response
"at the moment there is no update for all our devices Go1000
The update is still in pre production so in testing and some device are receiving this update and some aren't
Please wait a few days and try to update the unit again, this update should be available for all our customers with My tom tom shortly"

Not what they said on Twitter, either:

Quote:
TomTom can confirm that an update is now available for all MyTomTom users on our newer devices, which means users can now add 3rd party POIs

Think I'll stick with my 920 until Garmin get their live traffic a) into the 3790, and b) covering minor roads as well as major roads. (That's a hint, if anyone from Garmin is reading this Smile)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Navcore installation confirmation query Reply with quote

1ee wrote:

can anyone please advise how to confirm the latest version of navcore as been installed on the 1000?

Go to main menu / Settings / Status and information / Version information.

That will tell you the Navcore version number ("App 10.xxx.xxxxx.xx"), and the build number ("1xxx, and date"), all on the same line of text.

Then compare the numbers you read there with the information you get from here! Smile

(There's also a TomTom webpage with the latest Navcore versions listed for each model here, but it's notoriously slow to be updated).

Last edited by Andy_P on Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vgg651w wrote:
despite what their facebook (referenced on another forum) page says, the update isn't available to all mytomtom users.

Well that explains a lot! Thanks for passing that on.

vgg651w wrote:

Agreed!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

official word from tomtom:
Quote:
At the moment the 3rd Party transfer POI functionality is being rolled out in stages. This means that some users may find they can do it and some can’t.

Soon everyone should be able to transfer their POI’s to Nav 3 devices though.
thefella
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeePee good stuff, any chance of telling us how to do it please? When I'm able to update the unit and allow poi's to go on at least we will have an idea how to do it. Rolling update out in stages...... by the time I'm able to update the unit, it will be out of date and possibly in the bin Confused
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ee wrote:

I have 10.110 dated 25/1/11 which I believe to be the update version released yesterday.

That sounds right to me.

And I missed this one...
mjdj1689 wrote:
if I want to update the database from here, do I have to remove the database one by one by the remove button and then add them again one by one.

No, if you try to load a file with the same name as an existing one (e.g. a camera update) it just pops up a standard window box asking
"This file already exists on your device. Do you want to overwrite it with the new file? - OK / Cancel"

And you only have to do th ov2 files, the .bmps just stay untouched, just like we do on the old models (or I do anyway!)
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thefella wrote:
GeePee good stuff, any chance of telling us how to do it please? When I'm able to update the unit and allow poi's to go on at least we will have an idea how to do it. Rolling update out in stages...... by the time I'm able to update the unit, it will be out of date and possibly in the bin Confused

1. Have a look at this screen print HERE
2.You will have had to download the pgpsw speed cam file of your choice, from pgpsw, but I suggest you try the 'Consolidated' file first as that has only ten individual POI files to upload - that is five 0v2 and five bmp.
3.Open the pgpsw zip file and transfer the files to a folder on to your computer - say on the desktop and call it something like POI speed cam files
4. Connect your device and click on the green HOME3 then on the 'Add Shared POI' which should open the screen in (1) above.
5. Uploading the files is simply follow this: Browse for the first ov2 file in your desktop new folder. Click on Install and almost immediately it will show up as a new POI in (Sets on Device). Carry on with the linked bmp file and so on through all ten files.
6. Finally, you will have to Manage the POI files on your device with the appropriate warning etc...

All will become clear when you start to do it Idea
thefella
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers GeePee when I get the update I will give it a try
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend has just brought a 1000 uk model, and i have just put the unit on to do an update and the my Tom Tom says there are no updates , but mine which is a Europe model updated fine.

I tried to call TomTom and cant get through to them ? Im using the same pc that updated my unit, I cleared the Catche but still no updates ?

Any ideas anyone.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the updates are being rolled out gradually. not all the devices will get the update straight away.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: