Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Annoying alerts / all clears in stop go traffic
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Annoying alerts / all clears in stop go traffic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Annoying alerts / all clears in stop go traffic Reply with quote

Hi,

Used the Cameralert for the first time today on a longish trip. I usually use the database on a Garmin Nuvi hard wired for just this purpose.

In stop / go traffic you get multiple initial warnings and all clears when approaching a camera. I assume this is because it works out the distance to camera based upon your current moving speed so as you stop/slow you get an all clear as it is now more than 30 seconds away at that speed and when you speed up again another alert is given.

Might i suggest you use Garmin's (or the uploader's) idea and simply work out a fixed distance from the camera based upon the speed limit for the camera and then you would just alert once when at that distance?

As an aside, I think I'm spoilt with the Garmin, I would really like to see an option to only give the initial alert when doing close to the speed limit. The Garmin will only alert to a 40mph camera when you are doing 35mph or greater. Afterall, why would you need a speed camera alert at all if you are doing 25 in a 40!

Kind regards,
Mark
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we do is apply all sorts of logic as to when NOT to play the "all clear". It works reasonably well eve in stop and go (unless you are of the lead footed type)

As for "only warn when too fast" - we thought about that but didn't come to a conclusive common opinion. Maybe we'll add it as an optional, erm, option.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: