Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - re register XL Live for new owner... Help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

re register XL Live for new owner... Help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: re register XL Live for new owner... Help please Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm just moving on a TT XL Live and was wondering if you had to UN Register that unit so the new owner could register it for themselves..

I'm not sure really has it contains the sim card and does all the usual updates.

I've taken off all the Pocketgps cams etc :-) and done a factory reset OK but not sure if anything else is required...

Any advice please.

Phil
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically if you've taken off the PGPSW database (and your own POIs and deleted the mapsettings.cfg file which has your favourites, Home location and recent destinations), you've done enough and the new owner merely has to register it to their own email address. BUT that won't carry forward any Live subscription. If you want the subscription to pass on with the device, you need to change the registered email address to that of the new owner.

OR.......

You might achieve a transfer by changing your current email registration address to a new one which the new owner can then use temporarily (and you don't need to have a genuine email address for that purpose, just something that is correctly formatted like an email address, e.g. wanderingminstrel@mickeymouse.com). The new owner would then change it again to his genuine address.

If you are NOT passing on the Live services (i.e. you intend to ask TomTom to transfer your subscription to a new Live device), just hand it over without a registered email address and the new owner has to register and subscribe to Live services himself.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Phil-w
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that Dennis,

Not sure if I took off the mapsettings file. Must check that one....

Basically they want to be able to register the unit for themselves and set up their own account with Tomtom.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: