Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Stop playing warning sound when past speed camera?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Stop playing warning sound when past speed camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tloram
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Stop playing warning sound when past speed camera? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have set up my TomTom and CheckPOInt to warn me of Speed Safety Cameras.

For the first audio warning (at 30 seconds before POI) I have specified a slower high pitched beeping (like you get with a Road Angel).

For my second audio warning (at 10 seconds before POI) I have specified a faster high pitched warning...

The problem is, I have made each audio file 60 seconds long so that the beeping continues to play over and over while I am approaching the camera...this works fine but when I have passed the camera the sound continues to play.

Can you tell CheckPOInt 3.2 to STOP the audio warning from playing when you have passed the camera?
Talkingbollox
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no that can't be done.

Best thing to do is to shorten the .wav files.
andyblissett
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try speeding up to 99 miles an hour, all the wav files then stop Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Up
dlegros
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have warnings at 30 and 10 seconds, why not make the first warning 20 seconds long, then the second 10 seconds, so they should nicely lead you up to the camera?

Dom
tloram
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dlegros wrote:
If you have warnings at 30 and 10 seconds, why not make the first warning 20 seconds long, then the second 10 seconds, so they should nicely lead you up to the camera?

Dom

That would work ok if it REALLY WAS 30 or 10 seconds till the camera but as I often find it is not the case...sometimes it can take far longer due to traffic / having to stop at traffic lights / wait for cars infront to turn etc etc

In which case the warning will end short...
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tloram wrote:

That would work ok if it REALLY WAS 30 or 10 seconds till the camera but as I often find it is not the case...sometimes it can take far longer due to traffic / having to stop at traffic lights / wait for cars infront to turn etc etc

But surely that would mean that it is extremely unlikely that you would be exceeding the posted speed when you passed the camera, even if you had already forgotten that you just received a warning!
dastardly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyblissett wrote:
try speeding up to 99 miles an hour, all the wav files then stop Evil or Very Mad Thumbs Up

Laughing Love it yeah - until the car behind you starts playing that annoying blee-blaa wav sound 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: