Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SPV E200 and IPaq 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SPV E200 and IPaq 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carlwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: SPV E200 and IPaq 2210 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I've just got my hands on a SPV E200 and thought I'd try to use it with TT Traffic Via Bluetooth for GPRS, however I cannot get the damn thing to work.

It says dialing and then i just get "cannot connect for unknown reason" .

I have all of the connection settings correct on the Ipaq and they used to work fine with my trusty T610.

Has anyone got this combination successfully working? 'cause i'm tearing my hair out here.

TIA

Carl.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got my E200 to reliably connect from my 2210. On some occasions I could connect to GPRS and then after hanging up I would be unable to reconnect.

No amount of twiddling with the settings, GPRS dial up strings etc ever resolved the issue.

Read this thread over at MoDaCo.
carlwi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren,

Guess I'd better dig out my old T610, and hope that Orange or HP come up with a update.

Carl.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you weren't aware, Orange released a ROM update for the E200 on Thursday, see here.

I've applied the update but haven't tested the GPRS from my 2210 as I use an XDAII these days. However, TomTom will be releasing a Smartphone version of Navigator later this year Thumbs Up
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm, before I did the ROM update on my SPV E200, I couldn't get my 2210 to connect to it and use GPRS. After the ROM update I could and TomTom traffic quite happile connected to it. (think there's a string of letters you have to put in when you configure the modem).

However with the E200 having a pathetic battery life where I was lucky to get a full days use out of it, I soon replaced it Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ROM update you mention was that which added BT Serial Port Support and was released a few months ago IIRC, I still had problems following this update Sad

Orange have released a further ROM update on 5th August which I refer to above. It's a roll-up inc all the earlier improvements and adds additional BT headset support and audio enhancements Thumbs Up It's an excellent platform but the E200 is underpowered, and the joytsick is poor. With luck some of the newer Smartphones including the C500 and Moto will be better bases. Cameras I can live without, BT, decent sized keys, fast processors and 3 day plus battery life is a must!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: