Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom spoken voice
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom spoken voice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmymerlin
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom spoken voice Reply with quote

Hi
My tom tom 910 used to be able to speak the words of the road I was turning into, along with the road number. This hasn't worked for a while so I asked Tom Tom a question via their website.

They told me to find a back up file called Loquendo TTS ( which I had taken during a previous back up) and to put the whole file back onto my tom tom.

The voice I used to use for these road warnings was called " Kate".

If I now copy just the Kate file from the back up and put it back into my tom tom , will this voice conflict with the voices I use to warn me of approaching speed camera that I have downloaded from you?????

If there is no confict, and you can understand what I am trying to say above, where will I find the Loquendo TTS file on my tom tom to install the Kate voice into???

Thanks

Jimmy Merlin.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a full back up of the 910 then its "LoquendoTTS" FOLDER that you need to copy back to the 910, note this folder is around 4GB in size assuming all the original voices are still installed as the 910 used the older form of TTS which isn't as compressed as the x20 and subsequent units use.

Also check the spelling of the folder name it must be LoquendoTTS and NOT loquendotts (note the upercase letters differ and this makes a huge difference as to whether it will work or not).

Backups created with the early version of Home used to force everything to lowercase making the 4GB LoqundoTTS us good as useless but one of the other Moderators on here (Oldboy) has written some code to re-name all the files to what they should be if you find all your backup is in lowercase give him a shout - Mike
OrangeJuiceMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Voice 'compatibility' Reply with quote

To answer the LAST part of your question: No, there will be no problem with the TTS (Loquendo) voice running alongside your PGPSW Camera Voice. I have that same configuration and no issues, though I have the computer voice set to NOT read POI alerts. I've not tried it with the reverse setting because it seemed to me that it might be inviting a problem. As you will note, my setup is a little unusual for a 510/710.
TTS - ASR - ALG - IQR etc
PGPSW Cameras with Voice Warnings

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: