Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom start + SDK mnu allowed?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom start + SDK mnu allowed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: The mnu no longer works with updated ease/start program Reply with quote

I hate to irk you guys but it was working so perfectly. The Kondor mnu file that he laboriously put together changed my Ease from a kind of kindergarten level device to a full fledged gps. Now I updated to a new program just issued by TomTom and it sort of enters a loop--not really, I guess, but I cannot get out of the various options (I think only two pages or so work), and cannot get into the plan route or any of the first page items. In fact, I don't think the various pages show at all, just two screens or so of what used to be a part of some other page. IN any event, I reinstalled the other old program and am back where I was but I would like, I suppose only out of principle, to upgrade to the new program, but not at the expense of losing all of Kondor's advantages. Can anybody help? I tried to fool around with the mnu file but I really am ignorant and nothing I did really helped (I tried to put the page 1 in a more prominent place, etc., but nothing I did brought the full functinoality back, and in fact it had no functionality because there was no way of getting to the plan route page). I know this is kind of obscure, but is there any way anyone despite my obscurity can kind of direct me how to try to get the mnu file to work with this updated East/Start program? Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer Navcore updates are disabling this "work around" making the device work in the way TomTom intended in the first place - i.e. Dummed Down, I wouldn't bother with the newer Navcore if I were you as it offers nothing in way of an improvement.

At the same time don't bother with 12/ 18 month map update schemes as there is little point. Should TomTom lock a future map release to a newer Navcore you would have to update the Navcore to get the new maps, if you havent paid for map updates why bother as the road network doesn't change that often in the UK - Mike
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

dhn is reporting that the 9.101 (I think) that was released for NA users still supports custom menus.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern at using the North American Navcore is it possibly having different GPRS data and/ or RDS-TMC files that might be different, TomTom seem to be driving a rather large difference between the European and North American products these days - Mike
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it was 9.103. See here:
http://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-one-start-ease-xl-xxl/22302-how-get-more-menu-options-models-easymenu.html

Interestingly, the OP made reference to a European model getting this application as well.

Mike knows this poster, and he is not often wrong.........
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay thanks for all the information. It did say that the modifications to the application were "minor" and I'm sure they are. So far there is no locking to particular maps going on. I actually use, however, both the North America and Western European maps, so I need both. The North American as updated works find with my old app and the Western Europe is not a new one, just with about 9000 corrections, and it works well too.

Now my problem: I did update, as I said originally, so the new app is somewhere in my TomTom Home software and I'd like to get it out. Can you tell me which files or directories constitute the app so I can copy back in and zip up the old app?

Thanks very much.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go in to Add Traffic, Voices etc there is a section for items on My Computer - you can reinstall previously downloaded content from there
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already reloaded my old app. But I wanted to get rid of it entirely in my home software, just to avoid loading it by mistake some time in the future. I'm not sure I can do that without being able to identify what exactly is the updated app.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mickeydavis wrote:
I wanted to get rid of it entirely in my home software, just to avoid loading it by mistake some time in the future. I'm not sure I can do that without being able to identify what exactly is the updated app.

Look in your Home downloaded programs folder.
On my PC this is C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\program

In that folder should be all the downloaded program versions.
They may be several folders all with names beginning "TomTom_Application_for..." or they may be zipped archives of the same thing.
Look inside those folders or archives for a file with a .toc extension (make sure you have Windows Explorer set to SHOW ALL extensions (in the Tools menu/View tab/ Folder options - show extensions for known file types needs to be ticked)

Open those files with Notepad and you will find the version number for each.
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much. That should help.
hgv
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: tomtom start menu Reply with quote

Hi this menu works on my updated Start ,hope its OK to link to another site if not Mods please remove. (No offence intended) but good to get my pocketworld speedcams updated and working again.
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159
hgv
mickeydavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: tomtom start menu Reply with quote

hgv wrote:
Hi this menu works on my updated Start ,hope its OK to link to another site if not Mods please remove. (No offence intended) but good to get my pocketworld speedcams updated and working again.
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159
hgv

Thanks for that. It works quite well--not as well as Kondor's final version, I think it was, but just about as good.

I only used it because in the end it was impossible to stay with the original Ease/Start system. The newest North American map would not work with the old system. It was linked in some way. So I had to update and having done that I lost all the Kondor functionality. So this mod got me back--almost--to where I was. I think the only thing is I cannot get to the time setting page. There may be a few other differences but by and large it is a good mod. Maybe Kondor can get to work take a look at this one, and figure out what is missing! (Hint Hint).

But again, thanks, it is just what I needed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: