Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:
Perhaps TomTom are worried if they make the x40 range work as it should no-one will upgrade to the 1000?

Given our recent experiences they should be disabused of that anxiety. No one with an x40 will be buying any new Tomtom.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:
MrT wrote:
Perhaps TomTom are worried if they make the x40 range work as it should no-one will upgrade to the 1000?

Given our recent experiences they should be disabused of that anxiety. No one with an x40 will be buying any new Tomtom.

+1 here. Itll be tough because I need the Hd Traffic which is now really good.
Callant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have read the forums first.
Updated my 940 this morning, as TT are still offering the V9 application. I have now spent the last 6 hours trying to get back to a usable device. I have also spent a bit of time looking at Garmin's web site. This level of customer service is leading to a 940 on ebay and an alternative satnav.
Pity, because I like the Live services and the system, when it works. The user software is beyond a joke. After backing up, then updating, I couldn't do a restore. Home reported that my device did not support this action!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamaster wrote:

No one with an x40 will be buying any new Tomtom.

Disagree.
TT can't surprise me with any of their cock-ups any more. But I still like the basic concept and my 940 still works great on v8 and will eventually work fine on v9 with the right SIM card/ software combination.
spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Seamaster wrote:

No one with an x40 will be buying any new Tomtom.

Disagree.
TT can't surprise me with any of their cock-ups any more. But I still like the basic concept and my 940 still works great on v8 and will eventually work fine on v9 with the right SIM card/ software combination.

Quite right. Some comments regarding TomTom's attitude to their customers may be justified but out of the box, the 940 is an excellent product. I've added the PGPSW camera database, Tripmaster and Live Services without it falling over and it gives me all I need with 100% reliability. When it eventually expires it's very likely I will replace it with another TomTom device; a temporary upgrade glitch (irritating though it may be) is hardly reason to disregard a company's complete product range.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think many people will upgrade to the 1000 from the x40/x50 as it does not yet appear to offer anything significant enough to make it worthwhile, it appears to offer far less such as 3rd party POIs. This does not mean that I would not upgrade to a future TomTom device if it offered more.
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: live services Reply with quote

oh well tomtom has lost my custom when my live subscription runs out, somebody at work has the navigon live satnav which has more fetures than the tomtom;i will be looking at these units in future.
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: live services Reply with quote

gazza70 wrote:
oh well tomtom has lost my custom when my live subscription runs out, somebody at work has the navigon live satnav which has more fetures than the tomtom;i will be looking at these units in future.

What are their live services like? As good as tomtom HD traffic?
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if all these people who say they are dumping their units as the latest software update did not work as expected would have dumped their units if it had not been released?

After reverting back to 8.371 the units behave just as they did before and in my view the x40 range are better than the later models.
CharlieR
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on my second 950 live and since may it has worked for two weeks. At least I was not using it so it could have worked.

My question is? I am wanting a different make and could do with some advice on what an equivalent would be as after the abysmal performance of the 950 live so they say I am returning it for an equal from another manufacturer. A sad day as my previous tom-toms have been very good.

Thanks on advance
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: live services Reply with quote

mcwarre wrote:
gazza70 wrote:

What are their live services like? As good as tomtom HD traffic?

I've been taking an interest in the Navigon 70 Premium Live. Looks good value at £230 for a 5 inch screen and full European mapping. I believe Navigon use Inrix for their traffic, looks impressive on the website.

PS
Anyone tried the V9 update over the last couple of days?
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: live services Reply with quote

Jammy1 wrote:
Anyone tried the V9 update over the last couple of days?

The warning is still on their support page, I haven't a spare half a day to see if it works on mine or not (SWT)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep an eye on this thread and the main forum as once the update that repairs the Live connection is released you will see it on here, for now though simply wait with the unit running the 8,371 Navcore - Mike
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fault will soon be two months old.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: