Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with live services.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with live services.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Problem with live services. Reply with quote

Hi all,
When I select Google or Weather I get :- To access this service, you need to connect your device to Tom Tom home. If I then reset my device or go into the menus to check " My Tom Tom account" and then reselect the above I now get an other message :- Cannot connect to Tom Tom Live services. Please try again later. HD traffic works as it should. Looking at my services Google, Weather and Quick GPS fix gives a date of 29/11/2009 and all the others 22/5/2011.

PS I have been ignoring the Quick GPS fix update for some time because it's not needed, just wondering if this has caused the problem.

XL LIVE IQ 9.054.531676.2 OS 515773 Europe western 850.2781
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the gps file but probably is the 9.054 application for UK users. This forum is rife with threads about the issue.

Also, see here from the TT site:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12359/?locale=en_GB
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happening to me too but on 9.026 AND 9.054 versions. I updated from the earlier version to see if that was the problem. It wasn't...

TT are starting to tick me off...

Z.
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
It's not the gps file but probably is the 9.054 application for UK users. This forum is rife with threads about the issue.

Also, see here from the TT site:
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12359/?locale=en_GB

Thanks but your reply wasn't much help pointing me to a GO problem. What I was hoping for was a reply from someone with a XL LIVE IQ 9.054.531676.2 OS 515773 Europe western 850.2781, to see if they are also having problems at the same time as me, thus narrowing down the problem.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the 9,054 Navcore issue that is causing problems with Live service connection for UK users, this issue isn't confined to a single device it covers most of the newer devices including the unit you have.

Sit it out and wait for a Navcore update to fix the issue as there was something posted on the forum only yesterday that TomTom are currently testing an update to address this issue - Mike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
It will be the 9,054 Navcore issue that is causing problems with Live service connection for UK users, this issue isn't confined to a single device it covers most of the newer devices including the unit you have.

Sit it out and wait for a Navcore update to fix the issue as there was something posted on the forum only yesterday that TomTom are currently testing an update to address this issue - Mike

Thanks Mike, I have gone back to 8.419 because I wanted the Google live search to work while out on the road.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems not to be a solution for me on my 950 LIVE. I started getting the problem on the 9.026 release which had not been changed for some time. One day it was all working and the next it wasn't. I can still access Traffic but Google and Weather are no longer working.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try and use Google I get the message:

"Something went wrong. If this keeps on happening, please check with TomTom HOME if there is a newer application available."

Well there is 9.054 available but that is not going to fix Live Services.

I also notice that in "My Services" my old expiry dates of Feb 2009 for my free three months have reappeared alongside my current expiry dates. Someone at TT has been playing with the servers again.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's what's happened to me also. The old dates have reappeared. So, it looks as though there is nothing that we can do apart from wait until it's fixed. Bummer...
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the 9.054 Navcore isn't being offered any more....

New NavCore due soon?
Covenant
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, it's still being offered to me for my 540......best not to wait with baited breath, eh ? Lol
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was still being offered for my 740 as recently as yesterday.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Just checked again and there it is..... Sure it wasn't this morning... Crying or Very sad
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This situation is disgraceful! I have had nothing but trouble with my 750 GO LIVE since attempting to download v9.054. There were earlier hints of issues with the _40 series so I waited for a few weeks and hunted around to check if downloading it would be a good idea and then took the plunge only to find myself in a mess. I now have a working 750 but it is running v9.026 App and back to v845.2702 Maps BUT NO LIVE TRAFFIC!

Words fail me about how Tom Tom have gone about this situation. My partner cannot believe how much time I have spent messing about with it. If I had known I was going to have to spend this amount of time faffing about with it I would never have bought it.

Are other satnav Companies this bad? Are they all the same?

Absolutely cheesed off and fed up, jack.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further hereon, I have exchanged emails with TT regarding the unavailability of LIVE TRAFFIC on my 750 following the unsuccessful download of v9.054 app. They are suggesting today that “the reason why you are having a challenge on your TT device may be because the App has become corrupt during download!” They then go on to offer instructions under the following headings to resolve this:
1. Install the latest version of TT Home;
2. Make a backup using TT Home;
3. Run a disk error check;
4. Remove the App files from the device;
5. Remove the existing App from my PC;
6. Redownload the App;
7. Run the Clear Flash Tool;
8. Obtain a GPS signal outside;
9. Check the network status – if still not receiving HD Traffic check the following and inform TT;
10. Network Status
11. TT Home System Information.

In view of what mikealder wrote last week viz:

mikealder wrote:

Sit it out and wait for a Navcore update to fix the issue as there was something posted on the forum only yesterday that TomTom are currently testing an update to address this issue – Mike

I am loath to follow TT’s instructions. Does anyone have any views on this or is there any further news on the v9.054 update? It is still being offered by TT.
Jack.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: