Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 920 died today - is the 950 justified replacement at £246.99
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

920 died today - is the 950 justified replacement at £246.99

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: 920 died today - is the 950 justified replacement at £246.99 Reply with quote

Hi

Advice please.

Is the 950 a suitable replacement for my 920 which died today?

I have only had my hands on a 950 for 5 miuntes a month or two back, so not had chance to delve into how it performs.

Putting asside FM and Bluetooth, will it be a justified replacement at £246.99 from Comet.

Or should I seek out a 930 or 940 if I can find one?

Thanks in advance

Mick
GO 920 Dead
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 940 is the better bet if you can find one as thats got nothing missing compared with the feature set of the 920 and you get the benefit of the Live services if you want to subscribe.

Before you start spending though whats wrong with the 920? - Mike
Mick_1959
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply

What is difference between Live services on 950 and 940? Or should I have indicated a 950 Live at £246.99, as it comes with 12months live services

As for my 920, it was having interesting issues for a while, but today it would not charge nor connect to PC.

Problem was found to be a broken mini usb connecter (inside mini-usb a pin was broken off), well actually my wife discovered the fault as she worked in electronics and found the fault. Also, there is some light surface cracking where mini usb is soldered to board.

Seems wear and tear tooks its toll.

If I can get a new mini USB it is a gamble if can get original out and new one installed on a damaged board even with use of desoldering equipment

Good point is I backed it all uplast night Very Happy

Mick
GO 920 Dead
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not bothered about live services try TomTom website Refurb 930 £169.99
vlbaindoor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 920 died today - is the 950 justified replacement at £24 Reply with quote

Mick_1959 wrote:
Hi
Advice please.

Is the 950 a suitable replacement for my 920 which died today?

Or should I seek out a 930 or 940 if I can find one?
Mick

Hi there,

The 940 is (or was) available on Amazon/Tophandys website in the UK.

In terms of money, I don't think that you would save any huge amount as such - but I had bought my 940 from Amazon/Tophandys - for £239 I think.

But quite possibly hardware wise I am told 940 is better than 950 - FM Transmitter, MP3 player etc.

I am not so sure about the Latest Map Gurantee though - I am not yet sure whether I actually have the latest maps on my device though I had tried the 'Free Map Update' thingy and it failed first and second attempt took long time and said success - but I am not completely sure.

The 950 device may give you more latest maps - but I have read so many complaints about the 950 device - few of them having to return the device to Tom Tom multiple number of times without yet achieving trouble free services.
Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: