Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Forest Ride
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Forest Ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KungFooSausage
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: New Forest Ride Reply with quote

I got the S.E England 1:50K map which seemed a load better value than buying individual county maps. The whole S.E England for about fifty quid. Im going to drive down to the New Forest next week to do some cycling.

1. Can anyone recommend any good places to park the car?

2. Can anyone point me to some good cycling trails for the area compatible with the Active 10 or that I can plot onto it?

(Not after anything heavy going as the missus and little boy will be with me)

This will be my first time using the Active 10 "in anger" so Im really looking forward to it Smile
reklawpete
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Cycling i nthe New Forest Reply with quote

There are 150 car parks all free in the New Forest so you shouldn't have much trouble in finding one. If you are parking your car just remember to leave nothing on view as a walking friend left a change of clothing on the back seat and her car was broken into last week. Remember to drive no faster than 40mph as idiots exceed this and often the animals get killed. The animals have right of way so if driving you find a horse or cow on the road you will just have to wait for them to move on!

Have a look at this link which shows all the car parks:

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/map-new-forest.pdf/$FILE/map-new-forest.pdf

I am a walker but many of the tracks in the New Forest will provide a good ride. Hope you enjoy your stay in this part of the country.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: