Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No live services (on 940)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No live services (on 940)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian1956
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: No live services (on 940) Reply with quote

Can anybody please help with a problem that I’ve experienced for the last ten days or so with my Go 940?

I had difficulty upgrading my map of Western Europe while taking up TomTom’s latest map upgrade offer. The map was initially supposed to be loaded into internal memory, but when this proven impossible, I put it on to the SD card. Since that time (and I am assuming that the two events are connected), I’ve not been able to access Live Services, but keep getting an error screen telling me that there’s a problem with the TomTom server. When I try to access My TomTom account, the error messages is th esame, though I sometimes get the error code 1008 message.

I did contact TomTom and was told to run the clear flash tool and reset the factory settings, but that made no difference, and I’ve not been able to raise a follow-up response from them.

I ought to add for the sake of fullness (and in case it helps you) that I cannot use the emulator in TomTom Home, but the map itself works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe......

See this link
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum this is a well known issue with the latest Navcore software loaded to the x40 products, click Here for the UK Support page detailing what to do to roll your device back to the previous Navcore version which does work with the Live services - Mike
Ian1956
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas. They are broadly what TomTom suggested. I am running version 8.371 as suggested here. I went back to it from 9.054 when that gave the error code 1008, but the inability to access Live Services etc. remains with 8.371.

Ian
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you paying your LIVE subs monthly by any chance?

If so TT support will cancel the sub, give you 3 months free and then no doubt invite you to pay up front for a year near the expiry date.
westentertainer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a total cock up on tt part,i upgraded mt 540 to the 9 navcore offered by tt home it cured a problem i had with the hands free,BUT how the hell can tomtom offer a update and kill the main function that the tomtom 540 LIVE!!!!! offers .bloody idiots yes my live has gone and all they can offer is a downgrade of firmware
Ian1956
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have prodded TomTom, and they have now asked for network information (SIM ID and IMEI).

Ian
Ian1956
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week later and all that I've had from TomTom was a detailed ("cut-and-paste" set of instructions to do the same as they'd told me earlier. Dis so again... no result. Off to/around Cornwall at the end of next week, so there'll be no chance of getting the thing to/from Tomtom for repair (assuming they'll accept it) by then.

To make things worse, when I tried a back up from TomTome Home, the end result was that the Go940 now won't even turn on. What's Garmin like?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian1956 wrote:
What's Garmin like?

Very happy with my 3790T its not got any Live services to go wrong but it does come with a very good RDS-TMC receiver for traffic data - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian1956 wrote:
A week later and all that I've had from TomTom was a detailed ("cut-and-paste" set of instructions

Sounds like you're trying to do it by email?
Get on the phone to them (0845 161 0009)and don't let them get away until they have reset the Live services on your account

Ian1956 wrote:
To make things worse, when I tried a back up from TomTome Home, the end result was that the Go940 now won't even turn on.

We always recommend you use Windows Explorer, NOT Home to make your backups. When you get it working please make a new backup by that method straight away.

If you follow the instructions on those links once again you should be able to install a working version of v8.371.

If not, there are manual instructions in the FAQs here I believe (or if not I've done some HERE.
Ian1956
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I have managed to get a backup working and am reunited with my LIVE services. So thank you for all your suggestions. I did approach TomTom about all the lost time (for which I had been paying them a subscription) and received the following reply:

"Unfortunately, due to you having the monthly subscription for the LIVE Services, I cannot assign any replacement months for the service. However as a gesture of goodwill, I would be happy to add on a premium voice of your choosing to your account for download. Would this be acceptable?"

Their thoughtful offer of a free Yoda have I curtly declined...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: