Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map upgrade and no phone connection anymore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map upgrade and no phone connection anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jensenengland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Map upgrade and no phone connection anymore Reply with quote

Hiya
I have a TomTom ONE 1st edition and a Motorola RAZR 3Vi which have worked together for more than two years (Weather, Traffic etc)
I finally got around to upgrading my european maps and signing up for the automatic upgrades on Saturday. Now I noticed that traffic does not work and I can't remember the exact message but it's blaming my mobile.
I have tried to 'reconnect' my tomtom and phone and it gets 65% through the instalation and comes up with "Unable to set up your wireless data connection. Do you want to select your phone model from a list." My phone is on the list and I can select it but after following the procedure I get a similar message asking if I want to try another phone.

What can be wrong?
dcross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get this too on a 530. It used to have all the settings needed to setup the connection and it would walk you though the screens asking for the phoen type, the country, mobile provider etc. but now it seems to have lost that information and will only let me specify the settings manually.

I can use the vodafone GPRS settings and my phone connects, the 530 gets an IP address etc and does send data across but it sits at 90% and refuses to complete the task.

Once again TomTom screw up! I will never by a TomTom unit again - they have caused me far too much hassle and I'm sick and tired of it.

Anyone know where the phone settings are and why the device won't use them?

Version 8.351
dcross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

No a reset doesn't work. This device is usually reset at least twice a week and that's a good week!

I've lost the computer voice too!
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 740 has suddenly ceased to connect to my iPhone. Tried deleting/repairing. No joy. Confused
dcross
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, well I just renamed my MapSettings.cfg file and rebooted the unit. Now it boots a lot quicker and TomTom Home now allows me to update the Phone Connection settings, and to add the computer voices.

Again this .cfg file has a lot to answer for!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: