Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Motorola ready a widescreen PND - the Motonav TN765T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Motorola ready a widescreen PND - the Motonav TN765T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Motorola ready a widescreen PND - the Motonav TN765T Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comMotorola have unveiled a rather svelte looking new PND on their web site and there is even a UK specific section here.

The TN765T stands out immediately with a 5.1" cinema style ultra-widescreen and a 358 x 854 pixel resolution.

The TN765T also has 'Multi-View' which enables it to display 2D and 3D map views side by side and comes complete with a range of connected services including Google Search, streaming traffic, flight status, fuel prices etc.

It is not yet clear how these connected services are delivered, tech specs do not mention any built-in data facility although curiously the micro-site does mention '2.5hrs talktime'.

Hands-free is available via Bluetooth to connected mobile phones and voice recognition is also featured.

No price or release date as yet but the device certainly looks interesting, one to watch closely!

Weigh-Man
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the market for a new sat nav and I really like the look of that, it doesn't mention FM transmitter anywhere though which I use a lot with my GO520.

I really like the widescreen display though.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised this hasn't attracted more interest, it is certainly an attractive looking device with the ultra widescreen design.

The acid test will be the UI and map interface though so we shall see.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No FM transmitter. But Motorola will be selling a carkit that allows for a semi-permanent installation that connects thru your in-car audio system. It will work similar to built-in's, lowering the radio/media volume for navigation instructions, running phone calls thru the car audio, etc.

As Darren mentioned, it's really a great display, and the screen real estate is used quite well. I'd put it on my very-short list of pnd's that a new buyer should consider. I had the opportunity to use a pre-production (?) 765 unit from them for a couple of weeks. I was pretty impressed.
mopsie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: NavGear StreetMate GT-50T-3D Reply with quote

Doesn't look too different from the NavGear StreetMate GT-50T-3D which I've been using for about 3 months with great success. It's got full EU cover with 3-D mapping on a 12.7cm (5 ins) screen, TMC, Bluetooth, media player (audio, video and photo), E-book and FM transmitter. Haven't seen it for sale in the UK but got mine in DE at http://www.pearl.de/a-PX4663-5483.shtml for €169 (£150).
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NavGear StreetMate GT-50T-3D Reply with quote

mopsie wrote:
Doesn't look too different from the NavGear StreetMate GT-50T-3D which I've been using for about 3 months with great success.

Unless I'm missing something it looks quite different?
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks someone might be doing a little guerrilla marketing.
DeLorean
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/MOTONAV/MOTONAV-TN765t-US-EN Very Happy
Maddog1974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Pretty good! Reply with quote

I have been using one of these for a couple of months now (work for the UK distributor) and am impressed now. It is well worth getting this with the music installation kit so you can also play your music from iPod / 3.5mm through the sound system and control the iPod from the MotoNav screen. Regarding the Connected services these are done by a phone call to a UK '0121' number which takes 20-30 seconds to update the info and would be included on a contract call plan.
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks good, and has a decent specification. Unfortunately only one UK supplier, so no competitive price pressures....seems a tad expensive for functions, but display is tempting.
Kia In-dash Tomtom

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: