Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood DNX9240BT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood DNX9240BT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MakumMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Kenwood DNX9240BT Reply with quote

Having read a number of postings and problems with Kenwood units, I am now also finding problems loading an updated speed camera database which I have been unable to resolve. This is the second month I have failed to manage to upload the d/b.
Nothing has changed as far as the path for downloading files, after unzipping, nor have I changed any settings on the poi loader! (also same path, to desktop/garmin/poi); Plus I do finalise the disk after burning!
I have used a CD sucessfully for 4 subsequent updates.
I now find that I get a message "disk error" after inserting the disk into the unit: I have tried -
- change the path to upper case viz Garmin/Poi.
- turn the unit off (with disk in); turn on and go to Nav.
- attemped to load from a SD card (with lower case path) - didn't automatic upload, viz recognise files on SD card as poi update.

Would welcome any offers of advice to allow a successful resumption of the updates!
markrmifsud
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried any, or all of the following?

Cleaned the Kenwood CD laser
CHecked that you can read the CD on a different PC to the one that created the CD
Create the CD from another PC
Check that you can still play MP3 files from the Kenwood CD
walkabout
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do updates on to my 9240 everytime an update comes out, no problems.
I use the SD card method as follows:
I use ASH's Camera Manager, I have on my C drive a folder called "Garmin" in that folder a folder called "poi"
I have told Camera Manager to download to it, it does when there is a update, I then open up Garmins POI loader, put my SD card into the laptop, which has a folder called "garmin" with a foder in that called "poi" on the SD card.
I tell POI loader to install to that card when found in "Express" mode, and it does, it takes a while and looks like it's frozen, but I leave it for 5 minutes and it does it.
When I turn on the 9240 unit I get the Navigation screen up THEN put the SD card in, and it updates.
Hope this helps.
MakumMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Kenwood DNX9240BT Reply with quote

Thanks to markrmifsud and walkabout for some input.
Yes, I had tried all the "usual" suspects for reading data - thanks markrmifsud. It had not any problems reading any MP3 files, DVD's, or other formats.

Walkabout - took you advice and tried (again) using a SD card. This time I downloaded Ash Camera Manager and copied May's download onto the card using POi.
It seems to have worked! Took less than 2 minutes to upload onto the card and less time to download onto the unit. Got the correct messgaes about deleting previous POI's so looks like everything has worked. Just need to go out and see what happens when I drive past my local speed cameras.
Thanks, lets hope it is as easy and painless for next update. Very Happy
markrmifsud
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad its all worked out now, strange it wouldnt load from CD, I do it via CD for every update.
njpal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Kenwood 9240BT Reply with quote

I cannot find the SD card slot on this head unit. When I press eject there is no SD crd slot. Am I going mad or does my version not have an SD slot????

Also does anyone with 9240 experience know wether the voice control is meant to work with songs i.e skipping tracks etc. or only with the satnav.

Many Thanks
walkabout
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get to the SD slot Hold down the Tilt button you use to get to the CD/DVD slot, but hold it down for more than 1 second, about 3-4 seconds.
Its in the manual, if dont have one you can download it from the Kenwood site.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: