Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 720 replacement
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 720 replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevef123456
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: TomTom 720 replacement Reply with quote

Just had my 720 stolen and now looking for a replacement. ( annoyingly I have already paid for this years map updates) I do not need the live HD traffic features of the expensive 750 and so was considering the XL IQ Europe but I am concerned that the TomTom website shows no SD card slot and only 2GB memory.

Having had lots of problems trying to shoehorn both the Western European maps upgrade and the pocketgps detail camera download onto my old 720 internal disk (2GB) I had recently started using a 4GB card in my 720 and running everything from it. I am concerned that I could have the same problem with the XL IQ with only 2gb of internal memory and no SD card slot to save the day if I hit a problem? Can anyone advise?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also be aware that the newer Go-x50 devices have a Micro SD card slot but no mp3 player and no FM Tx hardware, to be honest I would try and locate a new 730 or even a 930 as these are a more capable device similar to what you had before - Mike
stevef123456
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

As I already have a full backup on SD card and in any case the maps plus Pocket gps camera files takes me over 2gb, could I get away with purcahsing the slightly cheaper 530 and running on the sd card from my original 720?
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: question Reply with quote

stevef123456 wrote:
As I already have a full backup on SD card and in any case the maps plus Pocket gps camera files takes me over 2gb, could I get away with purcahsing the slightly cheaper 530 and running on the sd card from my original 720?

The backup from your old device won't work on a new 530 (or any other model). However, if you explain the circumstances to TomTom they might unlock the maps you already have to work on a new device. Although the internal memory of a 530 is less than your old 720 (1 MB I believe) you can run the full Western Europe maps on a 530 using an SD card - I would suggest 4GB - to hold them.
Another possibility is to buy a refurbished 730, which will come with a 1 year guarantee and possibly LMG
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: