Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - free traffic for tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

free traffic for tomtom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendolene wrote:
You will not get any confirmation at all. There are two ways that you can tell if your 12 free Live Services have been activated. 1) Call TT customer services, 2) Check on your actual device, its on the Live Services icon

It will probably take the full 28 days. But remember those 28 days are working days and do not include weekends or bank holidays.

You will find your device has 1 month free from date of purchase anyway. The additional 12 months SHOULD be activated after that. So you should get 13 months effectively free. However, having said that, my free month had just expired before the 12 months was activated.

Abnsolutely correct Wendowlene. Though I did get an e-mail telling me it had been activated as I had gone through the full Customer Service Support mechanism. Checking my device revealed that Traffic etc expires 13 May 2011.
sollythegolly
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Wendoline. I have just checked my device and it tells me that my traffic services are now valid until 26 April 2011.

So clearly TT have dealt with my application. I had no idea that I could acccess that information. A lesson in 'read the manual'.

Grateful thanks O knowledgeable one .......

Respect........
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what this community is all about. I have received help from members of this forum and I am really glad that I could impart some of that learned information to you.

TomTom Go Live 750

App: v9.510.1234792.103
Map: Europe v1005.8763
All installed on a 4GB Class 6 microSD Card.
TurnAroundWhenPossible
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: A Positve report on TT services- Found to be excellent Reply with quote

Thanks for all your info which pointed me in the right direction particularly the tel number.
It may help someone to learn of my experience today.
I had 4 weeks compensation but did not know that I had to sign on to tomtom my account using the tom tom only (not conn to PC)and my email address for user name and follow instructions to activate the compensation extra time ( 4 weeks for me)Dont follow the live menu but do use the main menu-My TomTom Account.
you need your TT Password.
My free time had ended sometime ago and my application was about 35 days old.

I learned this speaking to TOM TOM services on
020 7387 5444
Select Option 1 from the 1st menu and press 0 (zero) at the next menu when you are given options to log an issue with TomTom. You are now put through to the same menu that the 0845 number reaches.
Note guys and girls I have changed my mind about TT service because Andrea was charming and ultra helpful, it was all completed in about 5mts and I was a little disappointed it ended so quickly. I was also given a report number for future reference to log my problem.
Also it did not take very long to get service -about 3 minutes at most.
Credit where its due.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: