Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - free traffic for tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

free traffic for tomtom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: free traffic for tomtom Reply with quote

Hi I sent off my application on the last day for free live for the year..
forgotten the link now but first off do you think I will still get it and second how long did it take to receive the code to get the services ,just curious as time is ticking by

thanks
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just asked a similar question. I have had me TT750 for 19 days and sent off the "application" the day of purchase.

When I check my device it still says expires in x days. So no increase yet.

Having read about TT here, I have no confidence in them getting it right. I can see me "chasing them up".

The free Live Services for 12 months was one off the main reasons I chose to upgrade when I did. So I hope that they do get it right.

Anyway, plenty of time to go. Just wanted to let you be aware, you and I might be in for a long wait yet.

TomTom Go Live 750

App: v9.510.1234792.103
Map: Europe v1005.8763
All installed on a 4GB Class 6 microSD Card.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you - get onto TomTom NOW (well, first thing Monday morning). The sooner you start the process, the sooner the long wait will end.

See my signature for their phone number.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Surely they must get it right sometimes?

Perhaps not...

TomTom Go Live 750

spook51
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they do. When I subscribed to Live they took my money in a split second - they're good at that....
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud

TomTom Go Live 750

andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah that's the main reason I bought the new tt 750 for the free live updates, The place I bought my tomtom from didn't tell me about the link so I only knew from about the last day
but I will be phoning tomtom on Monday though as I want my free year
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here we go...

I just called TomTom enquiring why my free live services hadn't yet been enabled. I got the feeling I got a "stock" answer "the promotion was more popular than expected and there's a bit of a backlog"!
The telephone operative suggested that I logged into the TomTom website and sent an email via the offer FAQ page.

I am at work at the moment and cannot use my home email address here. I will send the email later when I get home.

This is the link I was given:

"https://www.tomtompromotion.com/liveoffer/default.aspx and click on the link FAQ and from then on the question "I sent in my claim form more than 21 days ago and have not received the LIVE services subscription offer. Why is this?" from there you will be able to contact the promotion team via email"

I will let you know how I get on.

TomTom Go Live 750

Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought my GO on the 12th March and sent off the claim form the same day. Had to telephone TomTom and they too gave me the stock answer but extended the time-frame by two weeks as I had nearly run out. Still haven't got the offer activated and their e-mail helpline (bit of an oxymoron TomTom Help - but there we go) elicited this after 5 days of waiting:

"Hi, Many thanks for your email and apologies for the delay in response.

I can confirm that your claim form has been received, verified and sent to TomTom for activation of the LIVE services subscription to your device. This is due to take effect once your initial 1 month trial expires or just after. If your 1 month trial has expired and you still haven’t received the subscription, I’m afraid I’m not provided with the information on when you can expect to receive this, therefore its best if you follow up directly with TomTom Customer Services on this.

Please also note that due to the popularity of this offer, the average turnaround of the LIVE Services subscription is 28 days from sending in a claim.

I hope that this helps".

The two week extension runs out in 6 days.............

Update to above. TomTom have extended yet again the subscription by two weeks (hooray) but are still unable to give me an activation date.
Orac1
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
See my signature for their phone number.

If you need to call TomTom Support out of any bundled minutes packages on a mobile then call them on 020 7387 5444 as Dennis's official 0845 number for them in his signature will normally be costing you a packet from a mobile. Even several non BT telecoms companies still do not include 0845 numbers in their Anytime daytime calls packages.

This 020 alternative number comes from the www.saynoto0870.com website and does work as I have used it on a number of different occasions. Allowing for waiting time and all their security procedures any call to TomTom Support will last at least 15 minutes.
Orac1
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wendolene wrote:
Having read about TT here, I have no confidence in them getting it right. I can see me "chasing them up".

The free Live Services for 12 months was one off the main reasons I chose to upgrade when I did. So I hope that they do get it right.

You have every reason to be very worried about them not honouring this "Free Live Services For A Year" promotion. It is therefore essential to send the claim form in by Signed For/Recorded delivery and for anyone close to the 30 day claim deadline use of guaranteed 1 day Special Delivery is the only sensible course of action (despite the £5 or so cost of the service)

All these very heavily promoted but then seemingly near impossible to get fulfilled UK TomTom voucher promotions are designed for them by a marketing outfit called www.ndlgroup.com Their selling pitch to their client appears to be that they can offer something with apparent value x to customers that will affect customer purchase decisions but that will then only then cost TomTom amount y (which is a lot less than x) because all of the ludicrous rigmarole to get your £50 fuelcard (two promotions ago) or £20 or £30 cashback (last voucher promotion) or free Live Services for a year (this promotion). Since the Live Service can't be had even on the cheapest 12 month card you can find on the internet for less than about £60 this is their most valuable cashback promotion yet so they have the most incentive to try to run it in a way where as many customers as possible will fail.

The CEO of NDL Group assured me in all seriousness during a phone call that if customers were not able to fulfill all the conditions of any of the TomTom money/services back offers (which were at their stage worse as you could not redeem during the first 30 days but then had to remember to redeem during the next 30 day window) then they actually couldn't have needed expected or wanted the money promised in the promotion at the point of sale. I see from the voucher promotion website at www.tomtompromotion.com that following my own high level complaint to board level last year about the unreasonable nature of their voucher promotions that they are at least now also no longer requiring the original receipt for the product to be sent in and are instead allowing a photocopy and also no longer requiring you to destroy your TomTom product box and send part of that in to them too. Given that many people may want to resell their TomToms on Ebay when they get older having to damage the original product box was not a very attractive idea.

So the main way to fall down on the promotion now is not to get the claim form at https://www.tomtompromotion.com/liveoffer/default.aspx sent in on time. However you will note that since Live Units only come with one month of traffic and they allow themselves 28 days for activation of the Live Services Offer from receipt of your form and you may not get this to them till near 30 days from your purchase of the unit that you can still easily end up in a position where you have either no Live Services for several weeks of alternatively have to pay for them for a month before you get your 12 free months. This is typical of the lack of concern for keeping customers happy that seems to typify most TomTom Promotions designed for TomTom by NDL Group.
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Yipee! Reply with quote

Well, after a couple of phone calls (starting 19/4) and emails I have finally go my free 12 month Live Services activated!

You weren't kidding when you said there would be problems.

Talk about customer service!

Anyway, its done and working. Thanks for all the advice.

TomTom Go Live 750

Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: "Free" Live Services Reply with quote

That will be a relief! Got mine yesterday but being cynical (long-term sufferer with TomTom Customer Service) expected it not to include the 2 x 2 weeks extensions to the one month normally offered and granted because the offer had not been activated on my account. Pleasantly surprised that it now ends in May 2011.
sollythegolly
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: TT Free 1 Year Live Subscription Reply with quote

Not quite sure what's going on here, chaps.

When you say you've got yours now, what do you actually get? Is it a confirmatory e-mail, a code, or what?

I bought my 550 at the back end of March, in order to take advantage of this seemingly generous offer. Applied on line on the 27th March 2010, and got the following reply:

"We are pleased to confirm your online claim application for a 12 month LIVE services subscription. Please print out this confirmation and send it, along with a photocopy of the original purchase receipt to TomTom 12 months LIVE Services offer, PO Box 504, Leicester, LE94 0AE."

This I duly did, posting the application the very next day. To date, I have received nothing - no acknowledgement, e-mail, letter, indication via TT Home......nothing.

On the plus side, the initial 1st month free has now expired, but the traffic facility still appears to be enabled.

Now I'm confused.......Has TT now provided me with the 1 year subscription by default, or have they forgotten to cancel after one month, or will the service suddenly disappear from view ?????

Could someone lighten my darkness on this ????

Many thanks
Wendolene
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not get any confirmation at all. There are two ways that you can tell if your 12 free Live Services have been activated. 1) Call TT customer services, 2) Check on your actual device, its on the Live Services icon

It will probably take the full 28 days. But remember those 28 days are working days and do not include weekends or bank holidays.

You will find your device has 1 month free from date of purchase anyway. The additional 12 months SHOULD be activated after that. So you should get 13 months effectively free. However, having said that, my free month had just expired before the 12 months was activated.

TomTom Go Live 750

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: