Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 845 maps out today
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

845 maps out today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might also want to ask them why my XL LIVE is special then and works with USB1.1 and USB2.

Just for the record, on USB2 it only performs at USB1.1 speeds - it kind of gives it away that it is infact a USB1.1 device.
Tobas
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I upgraded from a 920 to 950 in January. Tomtom home accepted it and said it had updated my tomtom account for the new device. I got the email saying new maps were available today but tomtom home displays an update to Western & Central Europe 845 with a note to say it doesn't work with my device. The 950 itself says it has Europe 840 installed. Ahh well, over to tomtom support.
moshchops27
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Whilst my TT remains to work well on its own - (now that I have spent hours and hours and hours formatting, replacing my factory backup, updating the application and then the map!) - I have finally had an apology from TT Customer Support. Basically when the unit went in for repair many months ago it came back with cspeech files in the map folder. Whilst they can't explain or address why it happen they acknowledge that it should not have been done and they have apologised!

Anyway they simply say delete them - But we already knew that thanks to Mike et al at PGPSW!!

I did suggest they work on making TT Home a better bit of software - got no answer.
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is strange. I've had my 4 free map updates but when I went to the "Update my Go" section I was offered the latest map. I quit and went to the "Add Maps" section and it's told me that there are new maps and that it's cost £9.95. I quit out of that and went back to the "Update my Go" section and just hit update, and the new map is downloading right now. Wasn't asked for credit card details etc.
Home 2.7.3.1894
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it installed and is running!
Home 2.7.3.1894
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've had my 4 free map updates

Is it 4 updates or 12 months of updates? I can see if the later then a carefully timed purchase could result in 5 updates...
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
I've had my 4 free map updates

Is it 4 updates or 12 months of updates? I can see if the later then a carefully timed purchase could result in 5 updates...

Ah, I checked and I bought 12 months worth on 15/2/2009. I know it has been saying my free upgrades have ended for the past month or so.

But it's strange that it asked for payment for upgrade to the latest one when I went to "add maps" but the "update my go" section offered it for free.
Home 2.7.3.1894
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something gone screwy as TT Home reports i don't have the latest map (i do) but when i click to get it Home says i am up to date...
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now when I go into Home and select "add maps" it says "You currently have the latest map of null." Then waffle about paying for quarterly updates.

What does that mean?

When I check the W&CE map installed it definitely says v845.2645.
Home 2.7.3.1894
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Now when I go into Home and select "add maps" it says "You currently have the latest map of null." Then waffle about paying for quarterly updates.

What does that mean?

It means that Home is a piece of Censored software!
TonyIshUk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Tony, I can assure you the XL IQ Live is USB 1 and I don't care what crap TT Support tell you as if they claim its USB 2 they don't know what they are talking about!
If you connect the device to a USB II port or Hub it will will still work OK but you won't get the increased speed offered by the USB II port as everything will slow down to the slowest speed offered by either end of the connection - In this case the TomTom PND - Mike

Thanks for your advice I hope that you got my response to your PM OK.

I hold my hands up to this one (half raised !!!) . I did not use the usb lead supplied, but one with a straight connector as it was easier to pull from the TT than the rightangled version. It seems there is a slight mismatch betweeen the TT and lead because the lead works OK on other equipment. (a slightly thinner straight plug lead works OK)

BUT !!

When I connect the TT to my laptop (Fuji Lifebook XP pro, all updates most usb leads (that work !)) the warning message comes up as device not reckonised and not installed. There are no error messages in the computer device properties, or badly installed devices.

The TT then askes if I want to connect, and all seems well !

One thing does surprise me, (on all my pcs) My TT will only connect when hot plugged (ie up and working) Being "old school" I would have expected that the PC and TT be conected and the TT then switched on for the connection to be made.

Is this normal ?

Rgds and thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: