Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 3.03 but still BT lockups on 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

3.03 but still BT lockups on 2210
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, FAT32 with default cluster size would be fine.
CuMsCrOtE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Bluetooth dropping FIXED!!! Reply with quote

Hi, iv been having probs with my 2210 droping BT.. i was using a cheap SD card, so i got a good one.. still the prob.. so i used a CF card.. al was fine. then got a 40x CF and the problem reapeared!!.. the difference was the way ther were formated.. thats ALL!! format to FAT32 with ikb sectors and all will be rosey in your GPS garden.. Laughing Laughing Laughing 8)
SPY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the sound of that!

My SD card was supplied formatted as FAT16 so I will try it as FAT32.

Thanks
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandisk SD cards are the usual source of storage card related problems. Unfortunately many brands relabel Sandisk.

If the code on the back of the card is in the form llnnnnll (or llnnnn), wheren l is a letter and n a number, the chances are you have a Sandisk made SD card.

David
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't fix it Sad Drops less frequently but still drops. Always happens as you approach a green arrow I have noticed.

Mike
SPY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had the courage to re-format to FAT32 yet but my SD card is a (expensive!) Integral card with SD M25681 0408 SD3220H Made in Taiwan printed on the reverse
cuk0724
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had the drop up and lock up problem, but I think I have now fixed it.

When I first got TT3 I had the maps on a Scan Disk SD card. With this I got drop outs and then lock ups, I also had a very long route planning time. I then changed to a SimpleTech SD card. This reduced the planning time, but I still had the drop outs/lock ups. This was all with TT3 Ver 3.02. It was OK with the POI's hidden.

Since I have been TT3 Ver 3.03 I still get the drop out, but not the lock ups. The drop out would last a second or two, and then come back. I checked how the SD card was formated and it was with FAT16. I have now re-formated with FAT32, and over the last few days, and about 600 miles, I have not had one drop out.

Quote:
I've not had the courage to re-format to FAT32 yet but my SD card is a (expensive!) Integral card with SD M25681 0408 SD3220H Made in Taiwan printed on the reverse

Pluck up the courage SPY and see if it helps you out. I copied all of my data from the card to PC, and just copied it all back when I had finished.
bjornh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had drops of the GPS every 30 min but I'm not using 2210, I have a 3970. I removed all of Tomtom and installed 3.03 to the SD-card not main-memory! Not any upgrade from 3.0x but direct the downloaded ttnupd303.exe-file. Then added voice-files from the CD and maps also on the SD-card. Everything on the same card!
I have not had any drops since that.
//Björn H
SPY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the advice of several people I re-fromatted my SD card from FAT 16 16k clusters to FAT32 1K clusters and guess what?

IT WORKS! ok so I've only tested it on a couple of short journeys with loads of POI enabled but this would have frozen TTN3 before.

I will repost with findings after more thorough test
Andy_Webster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hate to say it but it doesn't look as though FAT32 has worked for me. I did it at the same time as the h2210 BT beta fix mentioned elsewhere (ok, not best scientific practice!).

It looks like my problem has changed, the BT link is now solid (no dropouts since) but at the expense of the map access (I now get freezes of the map display but the program and menus around it are still functioning, BT link still solid). So it doesn't look as though FAT32 will be the answer to everyone's prayers but obviously it can't hurt and every little helps.
SPY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I spoke too soon.

After reformatting SD card to FAT32 I thought the problems had been solved but a couple of 20 minute journeys today have thrown up more screen lockups/dropouts.

It does seem less frequent than before but still unusable with POI shown.
sland
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the same thing. I have ordered a faster DaneElec SD card to see if that improves things. If not I guess we'll have to wait for HP to sort out the 2210's ability to read SD or use BT under load Sad

Mike
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: 3.03 lockups Reply with quote

Platform
XDA2, PNY fast sd card, Fortuna BT GPS.
If I soft reset the device first, it works fine for a whole trip. If I start TT after using the XDA for a while (phone, programs etc), it locks up randomly after about 20 mins.

IPAQ 3970 + same above, no lockups, but then it never locked up on 3.01 ore 2.xx either, so looks like an XDA problem.

3.02 wouldn't install on XDA2, had to install to ipaq first, TT say this is "known problem"

Maybe version 4 with the new maps will be better.

MR.G
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 3.03 lockups Reply with quote

mrg2003 wrote:
Platform
XDA2, PNY fast sd card, Fortuna BT GPS.
If I soft reset the device first, it works fine for a whole trip. If I start TT after using the XDA for a while (phone, programs etc), it locks up randomly after about 20 mins.

The only lock ups I've had is after making a lot of changes to the ov2 files on the SD card, and this is due to the SD Card not being a hi quality one.

mrg2003 wrote:

3.02 wouldn't install on XDA2, had to install to ipaq first, TT say this is "known problem"

Where did you obtain this info from?
Installed v3.02, upgraded to 3.03 installed traffic 3.04T no problems.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
EvilHomer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the problem is SD or CF card related at all. Mr. Green

I did a hard reset of my IPAQ 3950, installed TTN 3.03 and GPS 3.03 to main memory along with a 16 MB regional map (also to main memory), allocated 20MB for program memory and still experienced BT drop outs every 10-15 minutes.

Did a soft reset and this time just ran the GPS application (no other apps running) watching the GPS poistion and transfer from GPS indicator, it still consistenly droped out after 10 to 15 minutes. I think that the TT GPS application has a flaw that TT need to sort out (MTPW).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: