Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - pmobile camera No73140
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

pmobile camera No73140

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reesd6
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: pmobile camera No73140 Reply with quote

I have just reported this camera as "seen again", but the worrying aspect is that it is in position at 20.00 hrs, ie, in the dark. Do mobile speed cameras now have the technology to clock you at night.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently it's becoming common. See This Topic.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
FRMJ1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed a hand held camera on Friday night in Thornton (Lancashire), luckily despite it being one of those roads where 30 seems too slow on I was doing no more than 35 (was caught here about 20 years ago; although rarely, I’ve only seen them here at night). Ironically I’d only put the new updates on my Tom Tom a few hours earlier but because I was on my way home from work I didn’t have it switched on; when I checked the database online the site was marked as a mobile 30 but was crossed out, I know mobile sites can be hard to verify but I’ve added my sighting.

As a first post on the forum, I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who’s responsible for and contributed to the database.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was crossed out on the submission map, that means that it has recently been removed because nobody has reported it as Seen Again in the last 12 months.

If your submission was as a Seen Again, then it will get re-added to the database shortly.
FRMJ1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daggers, thanks for your reply.

Yeah I understood the mobile camera process, just thought it was ironic with only just updating the Sat Nav, since selecting ‘seen again’ the location has shown up as confirmed.

As mentioned above I’ve always been careful down that stretch of road even though it’s been a very long time since I’ve seen the Rozzers there, however it seems it’s one of their popular spots at the moment as I passed them on Friday evening, a friend of ours was nicked for 35mph on Saturday evening, and the misses was stopped on Monday evening and breathalysed because one of the headlight bulbs had blown (it had been working in the morning), the copper told the misses that he could fine her or send her on a driver awareness course(?) but because the breath test was negative he’d let her off, he was obviously being a bit of a p***k.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRMJ1 wrote:
the copper told the misses that he could fine her or send her on a driver awareness course(?) but because the breath test was negative he’d let her off, he was obviously being a bit of a p***k.
I don't think so, I think that he was using his discretion and not fining her for a vehicle lighting offence:grin:
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....but maybe being just a bit of a ***** while he was doing it.
He said he'd wouldn't give her a fine or send her on a course because the breath test was negative... As if he would just do that if it was positive..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: