Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another HD Traffic FAIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another HD Traffic FAIL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely seems to be that the systems cannot cope during peak times.

Still no answers from Tom Tom, but I was up early this morning and my unit appeared to update correctly.

By the time I left home at 7ish the updates had stopped and my unit was clearly struggling to receive the HD Traffic and when it did it only came up with something like 30 incidents and nothing on my route when there should have been.

A few restarts later it did update and there were something like 350 incidents!

All very frustrating, it's getting really boring now, having to turn the damn thing off and on again all the time, and Tom Tom still do not accept that there is a problem and can provide me with no solution to my "challenge"
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, I have tested fairly thoroughly over the last 2 days.

Approx 10 hours of driving, starting around 1pm each day through to evening rush hour.

I was the passenger in the car so could 'fiddle' and power on and off to my hearts content.

Prior to approx 4pm both yesterday and today rebooting presented the same traffic info as far as I could tell.

From approx 4pm onwards rebooting caused a significant change in the total number of incidents reported and the durations both nationwide and on my route.

Whilst sat in a traffic jam somewher en route to Poole at rush hour yesterday HD Traffic was not showing the jam we had been sat in for over 10 minutes.

Reboot and voila - the incident was there going back a few miles.

The same was happening with many incidents around the M60 this evening - unless I rebooted they did not update - it was absolute chaos and the information was static unless I rebooted.

Couple this with the hour long LIVE Services are unavailable message at approx 1:30pm today whilst in the New Forest area on the A31 and it has been appalling over the last 2 days. RDS-TMC is better than this and free.

Off to log a case with TT after I have scrutinised my Pluserror.txt file to see if there is any evidence of these outages and failed updates.

And there is plenty of evidence. I would suggest anyone having problems sends TT a copy of their pluserror.txt file on a daily basis to prove that your device is hiding connection failures from you!!!!!!

I can't paste the contents here as it is too similar to BBCode!
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Andy, if you make any more headway with Tom Tom than I have done, please please please post any useful income on this thread.

No further contact from TT for me since it was elevated to the second line Crying or Very sad
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attach the pluserror.txt file to your support case!

The more people that do this the better as there is proof that something is wrong in that file.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swash wrote:

No further contact from TT for me since it was elevated to the second line Crying or Very sad

I'm beginning to think this 2nd line support referral is TomTom internal code for stick it in the shredder. Evil or Very Mad
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they have first line and third line support but no one on 2nd line.

When first line can't solve it they escalate to 2nd line, who in turn escalate to 3rd.

Anyone spot the flaw in this???
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My support ticket is

091119-077144

Time to start collecting them and put some pressure on TT to fix this.

Deja vu anyone?
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

Deja vu anyone?

Yes. AND were paying for the privilege this time.

I've advised them I'm considering taking advise from Trading Standards as I feel this issue falls under the Trade Descriptions Act, particularly as the product they are selling me each month is sold as "The most up-to-date traffic information available" when it is evidently not. Nor do they acknowledge any issue or suitable reasoning behind the issue. All the time I'm continuing to subscribe to their service in good faith and in my opinion, being ignored.

I've now had my case referred from the original CSA to another randomly named person (the CSA that was sitting next to the original guy no doubt) who assures me that my issue has been moved to 2nd line developers who will get back to me as soon as they have any information.

I've jumped through all their hoops for long enough. They have 14 days to give me something other than "We've escalated this to our 2nd line support" or I shall be contacting Trading Standards for further advise.

The Failed Subscription Email I received today was the icing on the cake for me today I'm afraid.

Cowboys.
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I can say mine was working OK this morning en-route from Bournemouth to Huntingdon. It obviously knew there would be a problem on the M25/A1M and it re-routed me from M25 onto M1 and A361. And here's the thing, which I have never seen before, when I reached my destination I just happened to glance at the screen just in time to see a flashed up message "TomTom HD Traffic saved you 18minutes".
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ticket number is 1 091112-190300, I have sent them the error file that you suggested.

I have wasted 3 evenings this week, performing backups, clear flashes, factory resets etc etc, all for nothing, to say I am fed up is an understatement

Last edited by swash on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Watchdog here we come again - a bit of negative pre Christmas publicity might make them take notice.

In the words of Points of View, Why o Why o Why do we have to resort to this every time there is an issue for TT to even acknowledge it.

You would think after the Navcore 7 RDS-TMC farce and the Stuttering 8.35x Navcore they would learn, but no, they still sit there in blissful ignorance of their customers dissatisfaction.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how far this is ACTUALLY escalated though?

DOES it go beyond the first CSA that picks up the email/call?

DOES it go to 2nd line support or what every they are calling it?

Are there a million and one 'Tickets' sitting in the persons inbox who's in charge of the many many developers Tom Tom have (or don't have by the looks of it)

I suspect the CSA's are encouraged to have each incident "resolved" as soon as possible. Hence why were getting the automated replies everytime.

I wonder how long the que would be if TomTom had a customer facing building in the UK! (Or do they? Confused )
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psyskiesman wrote:
For what it's worth, I can say mine was working OK this morning en-route from Bournemouth to Huntingdon. It obviously knew there would be a problem on the M25/A1M and it re-routed me from M25 onto M1 and A361. And here's the thing, which I have never seen before, when I reached my destination I just happened to glance at the screen just in time to see a flashed up message "TomTom HD Traffic saved you 18minutes".

But did it keep updating whilst you were en route?

If you get stuck in traffic at peak times and are stationary then have a look at all of the incidents en route and the delays. Then reboot and let it pick up the Traffic info again. Now take another look and if it is anything like most people posting on here the info will be different as it seems to get stuck and not update at peak times.

Given that the service is advertised as:

http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=9

Get more with TomTom LIVE Services

If you would like to receive the latest traffic information as often as every few minutes, with even more detailed coverage, then why not have a look at TomTom HD Traffic™? This highly accurate traffic information is sent straight to your TomTom device - without you having to connect or activate a thing.

http://www.tomtom.com/services/service.php?id=14&tab=47

HD Traffic Get the best real-time traffic information on motorways and secondary roads, to drive the smartest route and be sure of your arrival time.

Hardly real time if it doesn't update for hours and most definitley not every few minutes.
Jammy1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ticket number is 1091116-114722. Out of interest has anyone used HD Traffic with the 8.371 app yet? I'm sure it wont make any difference though!
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
I wonder how long the que would be if TomTom had a customer facing building in the UK! (Or do they? Confused )

Not that I am aware of

Shame really - could have been a good day out!

(If we ever got round all of the traffic delays)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14

Jump to: