Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Software V1.4 now released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Software V1.4 now released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Software V1.4 now released Reply with quote

Today I have just received a new Satmap from Amazon to replace my 7 week old one that I lost when walking over the weekend. An expensive weekend! I was very interested to note that it comes with version 1.4 Software which seems to address many of the issues raised on this forum.
A brief summary of V1.4 (which I have not played with yet at all):

1. New Trip Log Status at top right of the Satmap to show when the Trip log is active, inactive or No GPS lock.
2. New upright battery icon (still at top right) which shows as a solid block when the battery is fully charged. (When charging, the zigzag charging symbol now disappears when the battery is fully charged).
3. New toggle icon (still at top right) to allow those with different scale mapping to toggle from 25k to 50k to aerial (?). (Not sure what aerial is but maybe that is a future upgrade?)
4. Creating routes: there seems to be a new way to creating a route but as my new Satmap is still on its initial charge, I can’t comment on it yet.
5. Routes Folder & POI. You can now use a folder structure to create groups of different routes (and I assume POIs but I haven’t checked this yet).
6. Selecting Info on a point. In Planning you can move the joystick to select a point and then press to reveal info (Bg/distance to current point).
7. Map Orientation: Trail up now has two positions, location high or low (it seems to centre the circular dot either in the middle of the screen (as before) or in the bottom third of the screen so showing more of the trail in front of you).
8. Trip Log: there is a new way of resetting the trip log; it has its own menu.
9. There is a new Hibernate mode to go into “an ultra low power state giving significantly extended battery life and a rapid GPS acquisition. (Note: Logging is disabled in this mode).”

Satmap also now include the car battery charger in the Active 10 Plus pack which you may recall from my earlier post was not included before.

It seems to me that Satmap have been reading the comments in this forum and they take note of them. Well Done Satmap!

Can’t wait to play with my replacement toy, but beware all those who jog/scramble over fences and under hedges and wade through rivers with a Satmap in its pouch; it can easily fall out! I guess that is what the lanyard is for!

Sam
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up - but their site is still showing the "old" version 1.328
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have revised the colours/thickness of a planned route from the orange at present.

Ian
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope they have revised the colours/thickness of a planned route from the orange at present.

It won't be for lack of asking: I've been suggesting for years that there should be a better way of marking routes as the existing line tends to totally obsure map detail - especially relevant when using 1:25K.
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidor wrote:
Quote:

It won't be for lack of asking: I've been suggesting for years that there should be a better way of marking routes as the existing line tends to totally obsure map detail - especially relevant when using 1:25K.

You and me both - the route marking colour is a stupid choice given that the vast majority of users will be on either 1:50,000 or 1:25,000 OS maps!
smashing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever colour choice isn't available - I'd just be glad for the firmware to appear on the Satmap website. I'm getting a little concerned by the lack of releases. The x64 compatible Satsync has existed for some time but is also missing from the site.

Is anyone better informed as to why v1.4 is effectively available only to new customers?
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem strange that 1.4 is still only available on new units.

My conclusion is that it must be the installer rather than the firmware that is causing the delay. That has to work with a numer of operating systems.

Having said that, I seem to recall previous major updates coming late on Thursday or Friday.
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: when will 1.4 release be available on the website Reply with quote

I called Satmap a couple of days ago to ask when 1.4 would be made available on the website. Was told it would be "before Christmas", but could not get any more specific info than that. I'm assuming that means Christmas 2009!
LostMike
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would 24 November 2009 be early enough for you? It seems to be on the Satmap website!
Satsync 1.525
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Most of it! Reply with quote

Most of it is available for download!!

Sam8: What does "hibinate" do?

Is it worth a tenner?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted the release as a news item on the front page. If I could ask that we post any further discussion of v1.400 in the accompanying thread here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: