Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 7310 Speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 7310 Speed camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidnewey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Navigon 7310 Speed camera database Reply with quote

Just bought a navigon 7310 today anyone help on how to install the speed camera database realise i need poi warner but what after that
Thanks Dave
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Davidnewey.

This post would be a good place to start as it is what essentially helped me to understand some of finer detail of the software but the basics are good. Check out user Pocketgps's website which has some nice how toos.

As for the camera database you will need to select from the Other - ACS databases. I like the consolidated by type option as there are only a few files to deal with, but this is your choice.

In short, download and install poi warner to your pc, plug in you device and allow poi warner to install onto the device. after a quick reset and test. re plug in the device and insert the acs files. Tweek them and enjoy.

Read the other post and anything you don't understand, just post up a question and we'll try and help you out! Have fun.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
davidnewey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Navigon 7310 Reply with quote

Many Thanks Mostdom am pretty good when it comes to this sort of thing but having not owned a navigon before i thought i,d ask got fed up with tomtom decided a change was for the better
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Navigon 7310 Reply with quote

davidnewey wrote:
having not owned a navigon before i thought i,d ask got fed up with tomtom decided a change was for the better

Good choice IMHO as it is a good solid system and it won Stuff Magazine Award 2009 for best sat nav. You could probably do better and you certainly could do a lot lot worse. Have Fun.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navigatin.de have a 'Quicktour' on their website if you haven't looked at it yet, davidnewey, which outlines the facilities.

And if you are as good as you say, you might even be able to follow their on-line manual Razz Cool
Quote:
http://www.navigating.de/cms/index.php?id=5127
and the Quickstart manul
Quote:
www.navigating.de/manual/mn7/quickstart_en.pdf

But I'd suggest preparing yourself for a German's rendering of English when trying to explain anything technical Wink

Depends how much detail you want without the product in your hands.

And 'hear, hear' to mostdom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: