Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AYorkshireman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: CameraManager and IE login Reply with quote

I've just got a Garmin Nuvi and saw CamerManager which looked great. I have IE8 on my computer although I normally use Google Chrome. I logged into Pocket GPS World in IE8 and sure enough everything worked ok, it was great. A week later I ran it again to get the updates for the week and although I was still logged into Pocket GPS World CameraManager said that I was not. I have tried all ways login out and then in again with CameraManager already loaded and not loaded and yet it will not recognise that I am logged in. Does anyone know what is happening? Is it something to do with IE8 ? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Crying or Very sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipeliner - Done. Check your email

AYorkshireman - Try closing IE, flush your Internet cache and cookies and re-login.
AYorkshireman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: IE8 and CameraManager login Reply with quote

Thanks, but I have tried clearing out the Cache, passwords and history from IE8 and logged in again but still CameraManager thinks that I am not logged in. Do I need to have IE8 set as my default browser or something like that? Confused
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: IE8 and CameraManager login Reply with quote

AYorkshireman wrote:
Do I need to have IE8 set as my default browser or something like that? Confused

You don't need to have IE set as your default browser, although it might have something to do with IE8 itself - I wouldn't touch it myself, has anyone else got IE8 working okay?

Are you running Vista? If so, you might like to take a look at this helpful post from STick170...
Barncluith
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: IE8 Reply with quote

I have been using Camera Manager with IE8 and have experienced no problems.

One suggestion that might work. Try opening IE8 then select Tools / Internet Options / Advanced / Reset.

This procedure has fixed other problrms i have had with IE8
AYorkshireman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: CameraManager and IE8 problems with protected mode Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Ash10 it was protected mode. As soon as I unticked the box to turn it off the new camera database was downloaded. Many thanks to all of you who tried to help. Keep up the good work. Very Happy
Metblackrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have a bit of a problem now..

I started this thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=496597#496597

It would appear that loads of cameras are going missing during the conversion within camera manager.

The converted files are about half the size of what it did last week on the same settings (1047kb last week, 487kb this week for gatso 30)
Any ideas?

I have tried deleting and re installing both camera manager and the database download and done a reboot. No recent changes on the computer.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help Ash10 narrow this problem down,
I can report that all the cameras you have listed, were on my unit using last week's download, and are still there using this week's download (done today actually, because it's stopped updating automatically with XP / Firefox / IE8).
I use Ash10 camera manager with the speed zoned database. This week's converted file for gatso 30 is 2,162 kb of gpx file.

Dales.
Ash10
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metblackrat wrote:
Ok, I have a bit of a problem now..

I started this thread http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=496597#496597

It would appear that loads of cameras are going missing during the conversion within camera manager.

The converted files are about half the size of what it did last week on the same settings (1047kb last week, 487kb this week for gatso 30)
Any ideas?

How many POI's does POI Loader say that it has transferred to your device?

Has anybody experienced something similar? It's the first I've heard of it...
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the unzip, are the missing files missing from your satnav AND the PC POI directory?
darrengsaw
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

A quick question, is there a setting for Garmin that will allow the red banner to appear when you overspeed?

I currently have the Camera Manager setup to use:

Cam manager icons
Sort by camera type and speed limit
Separate approach and overspeed

The banners only appear grey, which is usually ok, but sometimes I have my gps set to mute so I dont get an audible warning.

Regards
Darren
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red banner is built into the unit software. If it's going to happen it'll happen automatically.
Metblackrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sorted it by changing the 'sort by' type and then changing it back again. Must have just been a glitch.
johnfgolding
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Big Database with Camera Manager & other POI's Reply with quote

Hi Ash,

I am a newbe and just started using your software NO PROBLEM.

My query may be a general one to go with my Nuvi 770.
The camera locations appear in the extras directory on my Nuvi. But so do all my other POI's. This means that when I scroll down to catagories beginning with p I get all the camera entries.
Is there any way to avoid this. I have tried renaming all the camera entries so the begin with zz but that does not work.

My finger trouble no doubt.
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To avoid having the UK cameras mixed up in the list with the POI categories, the following works on my nuvi 255:

Within the folder on the PC, the cameras, camera icons and voices are all in a subfolder called New Folder (yes New Folder). This means that, in the nuvi's list of POI categories, the camera items are grouped together in their own folder.

And I don't have to prefix with "zz" the camera files at every update, to put them at the end of the list.

Dales.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 52 of 77

Jump to: