Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Voice Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Voice Alerts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reesd6
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: No Voice Alerts Reply with quote

My Liz W voice alerts do not sound at every camera site on the database.

Does the voice alert database need to be updated to correspond with camera updates or should this happen automatically? If not, what could be going wrong?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because he's forgotten to tell you again, Stop it! I can tell you that last time he had a problem with voice alerts he was using a Garmin Nuvi 1300 and Speed Zoned cameras.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
reesd6
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: No Voice Alerts Reply with quote

Sorry Dennis, I will learn eventually.

Still using Garmin Nuvi 1300 and Speed Zoned Cameras.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "do not sound at every camera site" does this mean some types do and some don't? Or maybe it sounds for one GATSO and not another?

More information about the problem will help.

Check that every CSV data file has a corresponding MP3 file with the EXACT same name. These need to be loaded everytime with POILoader.
kaydee2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much along the same lines I have a Nuvi 660 and have just been adding the unzipped Liz W files into the unzipped speed zoned complete camera database and all has been fine - but since updating on 31 July and again on 19 August I am not getting Liz's dulcet tones anymore, just the standard Bong Bong.
I am not doing anything different - as I said, just adding the unzipped Liz folder into the unzipped downloaded database.
What has changed that needs me to alter what I have to do each time?
Hopefully someone can point me (in a fairly non-technical way please!!) in the right direction to get Liz back?

When I get her back if anyone can help (again in a non techy way!!) to get her to announce the speed and camera type only once, not repeatedly until I reach the camera!

Thanks!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are re-uploading the voice files everytime too, aren't you? You should be using POILoader to upload the icons (BMP), data files (CSV) and Voice Files (MP3) each and every time. If you just upload the CSV and BMP files you'll loose the voice.

Quote:
When I get her back if anyone can help (again in a non techy way!!) to get her to announce the speed and camera type only once, not repeatedly until I reach the camera!

How often the alerts sound is controlled by the firmware. You can try using Ash10s Camera Manager to only be alerted to a camera once when you approach it and then it will only sound again if you are over the limit.
kaydee2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I have downloaded and unzipped the 'Liz' files and keep them in my sat nav folder, then each time I download and unzip the latest download, I copy and paste the contents of the Liz folder into the latest unzipped folder and then PoiLoader that into the Nuvi.
If there is a better way could I ask for an 'Idiot's Guide' on how to set up PoiLoader to do that each time please.
Cheers!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you ARE re-uploading the voice files each time? Sorry if I'm a little confused but when asked if you were your response was "No", followed by an explanation that seems to indicate you were...

It doesn't matter how you store them and move them around prior to uploading as long as at the time of uploading you are uploading the icons (BMP), data files (CSV) and Voice Files (MP3) each and every time.

Try again and if it's still not working then can you check you have the right database for the voice files? (i.e. Consolidated or Speed Zoned) Check that each and every CSV has an MP3 with a name that matches exactly...
kaydee2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry!!
Not uploading from the site each time - but yes, into the Nuvi each time! - English language !!
I have tried the August updates a few times with no succees, but will investigate your other suggestion later - have to go to work now!
kaydee2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now checked and there are matching mp3 files for most of the bmp and csv files, the exceptions are '_uk_gatso_var.bmp and .csv files, the entire _pmobile 20 to 70 and var files.
I also have uk_temp_20 to 70 and tba mp3 files that do not match any other names. I have lookes and have these in the folders from June and July which did work OK.

Help! Any more ideas please?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but it appears the 1300 doesn't support mp3 voice alerts. The previous page i looked at said the 1300 did have an mp3 player which is needed for the mp3 voice alerts, however 3 other websites say no.

Have a look at this thread and it'll tell you what you need to do. i.e. find the sox program and convert the mp3s to wav files.
kaydee2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, PaulB2005 - not sure where you are going with that?
I have a Nuvi 660 which does have an MP3 player, and as stated in my earlier posts was announcing the camera type and speed with 'Loz' very happily during June and July this year!
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but reesd6 started this thread talking about the 1300. I didn't see the switch from reesd6 to you when i went back to check on the model number. Such is the danger of hijacking others threads...

Anyway, yes the 660 does support mp3 playback and therefore the voice alerts.

Have a look in the Garmin/poi folder on the unit (and SD Card if you are using one). What files are there?

reesd6 - If you are still there you need to head the advise above re: wav files and sox....
reesd6
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: No Voice Alerts Reply with quote

Sorry Paul

Just returned from holiday abroad.

I have voice alerts on 1300 by doing exactly what you suggest, ie, downloading a SOX programme and converting MP3 to WAV format, and all files are matched in the Speed Zoned Complete, but I am still getting the occasional missing or late alert.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: