Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 940 Live detail changes
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

940 Live detail changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vrojohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: 940 Live detail changes Reply with quote

Calling all gurus hope this is an easy for you, how do you change the credit card number for live services when the old card has expired I have been at it for hours and in home it will not let me buy for a year or just update my card details for the rolling monthly subscription that i have been using up to now
thanking you in advance. p.s. i am a mac user if this affects anything
John
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot do this until TomTom have ceased the old service due to the cards failure to pay and then you can get the service on a new card.

When TomTom next try to charge the card it will fail and they will email you telling you this and you will probably have 4-6 weeks subscription left. TomTom will take this as a failure to pay then cancel your service and their terms and conditions state that a failure to pay is a breach of contract and they will then cancel the service immediately and you will lose the re-maining time on the service. Once they have done this you can buy a prepay or monthly subscription. I have been through all this.

It also depends on your card supplier, some allow ongoing monthly arrangements to continue on the re-issued credit card, mine did not.

If you contact TTSupport they may be able to sort this out sensibly but more likely they will tell you to remove files from your device and restore it from a backup and the standard support scripts.

I decided that the T&Cs and with the way they operate, that the pre-pay was the better way to go and it offers a slight discount, so I went this way.
vrojohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info mrT it's a poor way of doing business where you cannot update your card details. I have been trying to resolve this by email with tom tom support since 21st Aug and I have tried and tried again to phone support and cant get through to a person just to try again later.That and no HD traffic after the wonderful map update and it seems that i have until 24/09/09 to renew I just wish I could, in future I will go for the yearly subscription. damn tom tom Crying or Very sad
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vrojohn wrote:
I just wish I could, in future I will go for the yearly subscription. damn tom tom Crying or Very sad

It's a nice option, but you'll be pleased to hear that even when you paid yearly, the device still asks each month if you want to auto-renew for the next month. At least, that's what's happened so far for me.

I think that they did the minimum to get it working, and left out the details like stopping, changing card, changing to annual. Right now the systems can't handle it, but I presume there will be an update and then it will work sensibly.
vrojohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, now the bad news I have today renewed my subscription for one year so now I can look forward to monthly reminders to re subscribe, so now your not alone
Laughing
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QVC are still selling the 12 month card for just under £75 shipped to your door.

Cheaper than paying £94.99 but only a few quid less than the TT £79.99 deal. If you go through Quidco you will get another few quid back.

Every little helps!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: