Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How Many Maps to Buy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How Many Maps to Buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: How Many Maps to Buy Reply with quote

As yet I have not purchased anything other than my fine 2210, however I'm edging towards TTN3, although Co-Pilot 5 may be worth the wait ?

I'm planning on taking the family to Centreparcs on the Belguim Netherland border. Taking the ferry to Calais.

Question, do you need to purchase each TTN3 European map individually. As my trip will take me through France into Belguim and just into Netherlands.

If so I'll need in addition to the UK, France and the Benelux bundle, or is Europe sold as one.

If anyone has TTN3 for Belgium, could they tell me if this place is present:
Centreparcs
De Vossemeren
Elzen 145
3920 Lommel

On the Mapquest site this comes up as the Netherlands not Belguim ?

Thanks Thumbs Up
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have one in country map such as the UK then all you need to buy is the European Maps which includes full maps of each country and costs about the same as the first in-country map. It may be that the major routes of Europe map included with the UK map will suffice.
andrewh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Belgium and I am quite certain that MRE will not get you to CenterParcs at de Vossemeren, although there is a fairly major road (N71) close and a motorway not far. You can use MRE for your trip from Calais to Belgium as you stay on one Autoroute (No toll) and then swap map to Benelux once you are in Belgium.

In TT, the map you load is for Benelux so you have no problem about the country in which CentreParcs sits. It is in Belgium but only by a few metres (or perhaps a few hundreds of metres Rolling Eyes ). Try ViaMichelin, and type in Elzen 145 in address and Lommel in Town.

One last small thing: I am not sure when you are going but there are very major roadworks on the main roads through Antwerp. If during the week, you might want to avoid Antwerp (Although that is quite tricky)

HTH
Andrew

P.S. Just looked at the map and avoiding Antwerp is close to impossible :x

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: