Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Home Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Home Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revmrf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: TT Home Question Reply with quote

Hi,
I have TT Home on my main computer and have been using it to keep my device updated. I have one TT device. If I install TT Home on my laptop in order to do updates when I travel... will this confuse the account settings that are on file in my device or systems[s]?
alan_sh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. I have TT home on two PCs and I don't get any issues

Alan
revmrf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alan_sh wrote:
I don't think so. I have TT home on two PCs and I don't get any issues

Alan

OK! Thanks.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't confuse the account settings (assuming you log in with the same email account name, but any downloads you do (or backups you do) using Home will obviously sit on that machine, so you may not be able to reinstall everything so easily if you need to.

I would make sure that any BIG things you do like buying new maps downloading software and doing backups (preferably using Windows not Home) are all done on the same machine, but little things like GPSQuickfix etc could be done anywhere.
revmrf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
It won't confuse the account settings (assuming you log in with the same email account name, but any downloads you do (or backups you do) using Home will obviously sit on that machine, so you may not be able to reinstall everything so easily if you need to.

I would make sure that any BIG things you do like buying new maps downloading software and doing backups (preferably using Windows not Home) are all done on the same machine, but little things like GPSQuickfix etc could be done anywhere.

OK, I think I understand, but... if I backup my device on both systems, they should have the same continuity. Downloading a 'major' map update [such as the quarterly update] can be done while I'm on the road with my laptop. Then, upon return to my desktop, I would just have to remember to backup the TT device on that PC to maintain continuity, if I understand how things work. Correct?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

revmrf wrote:
Downloading a 'major' map update [such as the quarterly update] can be done while I'm on the road with my laptop.

Thats sort of correct but bear in mind the method you use for an internet connection while on your travels, if its via a mobile SIM connection or WiFi then it will probably fail to download a full map, you need a wired internet connection for best performance and reliability - I would wait for the weekend and update the device when you get home, whats a few days in real terms it means nothing, even a week or two wouldn't be a big deal - Mike
revmrf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! Aware of that. Thanks.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: