Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO8 Ultra Skin 6.0.22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGrumbler wrote:
linknet,

why do you still refer to version 8.3.2.64029? Even though the latest official update release is:

8.3.2.87762 from Date: Apr 27 2009 - Official Retail R3 PDA Update

As far as I can judge your Ultra Skin 6.0.21 is working fine on this newest version also.

Or do you mean at least version 8.3.2.64029 is needed?

TheGrumbler

The website needs updating since the Ultra Skin is compatible with all of the following official releases:

iGO8 PDA Version 8.3.2.64029 dated 7th November 2008
iGO8 PDA Version 8.3.2.73871 dated 25th January 2009
iGO8 PDA Version 8.3.2.87762 dated 27th April 2009

This does not mean that it will be compatible with any further releases although it may well prove to be.

linknet
TheGrumbler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linknet,

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

TheGrumbler
fr0d0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
fr0d0 wrote:
I remember you saying ages ago linknet when discussing POIs that you could make the icon appear at a distance rather than the naff default icon (at least that's what I think you said!)

If you remember/ know how could you say again, I'd love to try to implement that.

Thanks

Is this what you want ? Check the tenth post.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=67086

linknet

No that's not it. You said on that other forum about making some alteration to a config file to change the default generic icon that appears at a distance and then changes to the actual icon when it gets near enough... to the actual icon at a greater distance. This is what I'd liketo do.. if that isn't a stupid question.

Thanks!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr0d0 wrote:
No that's not it. You said on that other forum about making some alteration to a config file to change the default generic icon that appears at a distance and then changes to the actual icon when it gets near enough... to the actual icon at a greater distance. This is what I'd liketo do.. if that isn't a stupid question!

No it's not, but this new download changes the default generic icon seen at distance to a smaller version of one of the new selected icons and may be what you want:

Download this folder:

http://rapidshare.com/files/246542230/ui_igo8.zip

Unzip the ui_igo8 folder and copy it to the iGO8 folder on the SD card giving "iGO8\ui_igo8".

Start iGO8 and go to manage POI and you should see your new POI's and new icons at the end of the default icons.

If you don't like the new icons you can edit the "poi_mapclose_custom.bmp" and "poi_mapdistant_custom.bmp" files (for both day and night) but make sure you retain the alpha data channel.

Regards

linknet
fr0d0
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks linknet. What you're saying sounds exactly what I want.

Ive copied that folder onto my SD card and I can see different icons. However, I'm still getting the generic symbol which looks like the Internet Explorer icon that doesn't disappear until you get very close.

I made my own icon set that lives in a corresponding folder in the branding.zip file. I guess the two must be conflicting.

I think I see what you've done though.. added a small set for mapdistant. That'd be a lot of work for me!

Thanks very much for your help.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr0d0 wrote:
Thanks linknet. What you're saying sounds exactly what I want.

Ive copied that folder onto my SD card and I can see different icons. However, I'm still getting the generic symbol which looks like the Internet Explorer icon that doesn't disappear until you get very close.

I made my own icon set that lives in a corresponding folder in the branding.zip file. I guess the two must be conflicting.

I think I see what you've done though.. added a small set for mapdistant. That'd be a lot of work for me!

Thanks very much for your help.

Both of them should coexist without any problems, you will only see the replaced generic icon for any poi's in the set that I provided, any others will still have the generic icon.

linknet
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Version 6.0.22 Smile

Fixed: The "Settings ► Pop-Up Info Settings ► Display Visible POI's Only" value was being used globally for all other POI searches. This setting is now restricted to the "Pop-Up Info Panel" only and doesn't affect other POI searches.

linknet
JackDo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Bloked Roads Reply with quote

How do I add block roads? and what are the options for that?
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Bloked Roads Reply with quote

JackDo wrote:
How do I add block roads? and what are the options for that?

Instructions are on the website. Wink

linknet
Barnum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Sugestions Reply with quote

Hi all!

For me this is the best skin ever! Unfortunately the graphical layout is perfect only on the landscape format. I have a pda-phone and I'm using the 240x320 screen since my car holder works better this way. Is there any chance to add the simplicity of the landscape layout to the portrait? I mean just the partial circle in the left upper corner and some info on the lower strip.
Or just make the fields to be selectable. In the portrait skin practically there is no difference to the original skin frame layout. I prefer a big map and no extra frames that contain almost nothing really useful. Simpler as into the landscape mode is far better! Just a sugestion... Thank you and congratulation for the clever job. Laughing
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sugestions Reply with quote

Barnum wrote:
Hi all!

For me this is the best skin ever! Unfortunately the graphical layout is perfect only on the landscape format. I have a pda-phone and I'm using the 240x320 screen since my car holder works better this way. Is there any chance to add the simplicity of the landscape layout to the portrait? I mean just the partial circle in the left upper corner and some info on the lower strip.
Or just make the fields to be selectable. In the portrait skin practically there is no difference to the original skin frame layout. I prefer a big map and no extra frames that contain almost nothing really useful. Simpler as into the landscape mode is far better! Just a sugestion... Thank you and congratulation for the clever job. Laughing

Hi There

I've had several attempts at simplifying the portrait mode layout but have never been satisfied with any of them. The only way is to drop one of the data fields and have a strip at the bottom of the screen similar to the landscape version but with only two data fields. Then add the pop-up second route event and overlayed speed camera pop-up.
It sounds simple, but it involves an incredible amount of work, and I just don't have the time for it. The work may also be wasted since I can't see Nav'N'Go investing all that effort in the Amigo interface without transferring some of it to a new version of iGO in the future.

So it's possible but unfortunately it's on hold, in the hope that a new version of iGO emerges.

Regards

linknet
Ankurnmhs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Backlight going to 1/2 brightness Reply with quote

I have a Mio 310x, and use the Igo 8.3.2 and the Igo Ultra .22 skin. I love the Ultra Skin, since it has the option to be simple for my parents, while giving me control as advanced!

One problem which I have is that when i turn the soft power off on the Mio, and then turn it back on, it will automatically go to 1/2 brightness. I can go the backlight slider, (which would be on max), and the moment i move the slider, it is restore to the brightness associated with the slider. Also, if I was to manually change to Night mode, or Day mode, the correct brightness is restored. I would wondering if there is a way to fix it so that when i soft Off the device, when i turn it back on, it will be at the same brightness as i left it. Thanks!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Backlight going to 1/2 brightness Reply with quote

Ankurnmhs wrote:
I have a Mio 310x, and use the Igo 8.3.2 and the Igo Ultra .22 skin. I love the Ultra Skin, since it has the option to be simple for my parents, while giving me control as advanced!

One problem which I have is that when i turn the soft power off on the Mio, and then turn it back on, it will automatically go to 1/2 brightness. I can go the backlight slider, (which would be on max), and the moment i move the slider, it is restore to the brightness associated with the slider. Also, if I was to manually change to Night mode, or Day mode, the correct brightness is restored. I would wondering if there is a way to fix it so that when i soft Off the device, when i turn it back on, it will be at the same brightness as i left it. Thanks!

What setting have you got for "Device Settings" "Power Management" and have you tried changing this ?

linknet
Ankurnmhs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the following:

In Power Management, I would have the "Backlight Alway On":
Turning it off and then on, on the screen give me 1/2 brightness. The second I either move the Brightness slider, or switch from "Backlight Always On" to "Smart Power Save", the brightness is correctly restored.

Have the Power Management as "Smart Power Save", and then turning the device off and then on leads to the same result; 1/2 brightness until i either switch it to "Backlight Always On" or I move the Brightness Slide. at which case the brightness cooresponding to the slide is instantly restored.

Thanks for the help.

Also, after off and then on (which leads to 1/2 brightness). If I change manually to Night mode (via quick menu) or Day Mode, the brightness Cooresponding to the set slider is restored.

So, currently, what I do, is turn the device on, and then go to quick menu, and place into night mode, and then into day mode, which restores the full brightness. Its not too bad for me, but my father will be using it next month on his trip, and he has a hard enough time to use it as it is....

Thanks again for your help!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankurnmhs wrote:
I have tried the following:

In Power Management, I would have the "Backlight Alway On":
Turning it off and then on, on the screen give me 1/2 brightness. The second I either move the Brightness slider, or switch from "Backlight Always On" to "Smart Power Save", the brightness is correctly restored.

Have the Power Management as "Smart Power Save", and then turning the device off and then on leads to the same result; 1/2 brightness until i either switch it to "Backlight Always On" or I move the Brightness Slide. at which case the brightness cooresponding to the slide is instantly restored.

Thanks for the help.

Also, after off and then on (which leads to 1/2 brightness). If I change manually to Night mode (via quick menu) or Day Mode, the brightness Cooresponding to the set slider is restored.

So, currently, what I do, is turn the device on, and then go to quick menu, and place into night mode, and then into day mode, which restores the full brightness. Its not too bad for me, but my father will be using it next month on his trip, and he has a hard enough time to use it as it is....

Thanks again for your help!

Have you tried the "Use Device Settings" option ?

linknet

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 28 of 35

Jump to: