Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Configuring compass for TT 910?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Configuring compass for TT 910?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whilst I'm doing the pictures to demonstrate, alanji nearly beats me to it!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
navtrav
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P, thank you for the Compass for Dummies guide! I can grasp the principle of it all, despite my direction dyslexia. It just doesn't click naturally for me.

To those that think the compass is a waste of time, I love maps, knowing where in the country I am, which way the sun might rise at dawn (important for setting up camp) - in fact my regret is that TomTom maps are all just clinical lines. I would love OS detail to keep boredom at bay up the M6, or autoroute A28. I can't wait for the advent of running commentary along one's route of fascinating places being passed by.

Also, I'm not that much of a dummy to know that Alpine-like twists and turns takes you in the wrong direction - but not one hour later, especially if I've ended up at Newcastle, Australia, instead of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. OK, don't jump up and down. That's silly.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
I would love OS detail to keep boredom at bay up the M6, or autoroute A28. I can't wait for the advent of running commentary along one's route of fascinating places being passed by.

Like that available for Garmin already?
mayor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: GI D help us all ! Come back Compass ! Reply with quote

I can believe we have spent all this time moaning about the compass as TOM TOM should BY NOW HAVE GOT THE B~~~DY HINT !

Bring back the original compass that POINTS IN the (please) …. what don't they understand?

Does anyone know HOW to reinstall an older version of the TT software besides using the original; install disk.

thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very easy to install an older Navcore application to your device but whether this will work correctly depends upon which map version you have installed as newer maps tend to only work with the newer applications.

What devices and Navcore version are you using on the unit? Tap the sat strength meter followed by the Version box and the resultant screen will offer you all the information - Mike
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navtrav wrote:
Andy_P, thank you for the Compass for Dummies guide! I can grasp the principle of it all, despite my direction dyslexia. It just doesn't click naturally for me.

Have to echo navtrav's comments.

I understand how a compass works, just hadn't realised the TomTom functionality had changed with updates. Personally I prefer to have 'a graphical direction of travel indicator' - not withstanding that the information is available in numeric form in the task bar. I find (or rather found!) the direction of travel indicator quite useful when navigating complex spaghetti junction type intersections.

At least I now know why the compass readout has changed, funny that my first thought was to suspect something was wrong with the TomTom, what does that say about the ownership experience.

Having recently become a Volvo owner at least I can make use of the direction indicator (compass) built into the rear view mirror, not so much of a gimmick after all!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeta1 wrote:

Having recently become a Volvo owner at least I can make use of the direction indicator (compass) built into the rear view mirror, not so much of a gimmick after all!

Driving So some Volvo drivers *do* look in the rear view mirror! Joker
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:

Nah, they only need to look AT it. Very Happy
playswell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
jeta1 wrote:

Andy the best way to see London.......is in the rear view mirror Laughing Laughing Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: