Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - We need your help - FIVE One Year subscriptions on offer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

We need your help - FIVE One Year subscriptions on offer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabresix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/sabrefour/28042009262-1.jpg
MOBILE:40216@40, Heading:337, Single Direction also known as camera 181.
Just after end of 60 dual carriageway. My cruise control was still slowing the car down when I was nabbed. Positioned for max revenue if you ask me. How was I to know you have to slam on the brakes to stay legal.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How was I to know you have to slam on the brakes to stay legal.

You should be doing 40 by the time you hit the 40 mph signs not some distance after, so there should be no need to "slam on the brakes to stay legal."
g4nvb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A421 Tingwick By-Pass Buckingham, Buckinghamshire.

Grid Reference
OS X (Eastings) 465187
OS Y (Northings) 232804
Nearest Post Code MK18 4PF
Lat (WGS84) N51:59:24 (51.989872)
Long (WGS84) W1:03:08 (-1.052094)

There was a fatality at this location; the Camera Van is often seen parked on the Triangular Island blocking the view to the right of any traffic joining the A421 from the Barton Hartshorn direction. How can that be part of any Road Safety Scheme?

David
TimInstone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatso 423@50
N 51.6276
E 0.25344
A1 (Barnet Way) Northbound.
This is a generously wide, straight dual carriageway. The offender is sited about 30m before the speed de-restriction sign (itself located further down the road than is necessary for any obviously practical reason).

The camera can have nothing whatsoever to do with safety and everything to do with amassing revenue from people who can see no reason to drive slowly.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wholeheartedly agree with TimInstone - always thought what a con this one was. A similar one is on the A414 stretch in Herts from Harlow towards the A10. I think it's here:

Lat 51.78524538795532
Lon 0.04808664321899414

This camera is situated just PAST an entry/exit to a conference centre (if at a distance BEFORE, I could at least understand it) and just after the derestriction signs come into view, with no buildings/turnings of any kind in the remaining stretch of 50-restricted road.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to thank you all for the contributions so far, just what we're after.

Keep 'em coming Thumbs Up
notinwork
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: M62 Liverpool End, Express way Runcorn Reply with quote

1, Liverpool
The Gatso Speed Camera at the Liverpool end of the M62.
M62 is 70mpg heading into liverpool then reduces to 50 at it becomes edge lane.
The camera is just after it becomes 50.

2, Runcorn
Its Mobile Camera and is parked on the A557 Runcorn express way heading away from Runcorn Bridge to the M56. The dual Carriage way is 40mph then opens up to dual carriage way national speed limit just after the mobile speed camera which is parked at the turning for Astmoor indutrial estate. The gun points at a brow of a hill as people build up to the national speed limit after being stuck in a que for the Bridge for 40 minutes during rush hour.....
......Are they having a laugh, what accident reduction...cheshire police £ !
jonrome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the one at the southern end of the M11 which I believe is one of the most lucrative in the country. Weekday mornings the traffic moves at a few miles an hour & in the early hours of the morning there is virtually no traffic at all & yet the speed limit is 50 mph. This on a motorway that was designed for 70mph when road surfaces & brakes were not as advanced as today. At night the flash can be seen on the opposite carriageway & personally, I have felt my heart start to race when this happened on a day when a terrorist bomb had exploded
(some years ago). A good job I didnt have a heart attack & cause an accident, no one would have known the camera was responsible.
DarrenR21373
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote for either of the 2 mobiles that seem to have sprung up recently on the A32 between Fareham and Alton (they've probably just made it into the PGPSW database).

I've used that route three times in the last 2 weeks coming back from Waterlooville (to avoid traffic in Waterlooville/roadworks in Bordon) and on 2 of those occasions have seen speed traps.

The first time was on the first long 60MPH overtaking straight on the way to Farringdon and the second time on the OTHER long 60MPH overtaking straight (just slightly after the first).

Why are these cameras not located in any of the villages which have recently had their speed limits reduced? Can you say "Revenue Raising Exercise"?
Bazjaco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: MOBILE 17140@40 Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
MOBILE:17140@40
This camera is a money generator, it's the one Hull City's chairman was recently caught at. It's at the bottom of a long sweeping downhill dual carriage-way flyover, with a slip road at the bottom coming in from your left. The van is parked up just around the bend 200 yards before the road become 70mph from 40mph.
If you ran a competion to design a road for the perfect speed trap, you could not do better than this. This road has had several accidents - on the other side going east!

This particular camera is a positive Safety Hazard. Any professional safety assessment would outlaw it. Three lanes of traffic feed into two with the Camera just visible as you start to hit the downhill section. Traffic on the two lane section are looking to see whether there is a Camera there or not and those on the slip road are simply trying to filter in. Whoever chose this location does not care for Safety, simply revenue.
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatsos 31982 & 41070 on the A4540 in the centre of Birmingham - on the same side of the dual carriageway, just 100 metres apart.
edessad
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centre Latitude: 52.61576488483039 Longitude: -0.1860809326171875

The A1073 in Eye Green near Peterborough. Definate attempt at making money. Two 30mph speed cameras 100 metres apart each clocking traffic in both directions.
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a specific camera but a tactic I've seen employed on several occasions.

Roadworks on dual carriageway.

Speed limit reduced to 50 or even 40 with temporary cameras to enforce.

At the end of the stretch of cones the reduced speed limit is continued for another 200 yards, for no obvious reason except - there's a camera stationed just before the original limit kicks back in. Rolling Eyes
TheDodger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: TRUVELO5491@30 Reply with quote

30 mph on a wide dual carrigeway fed by 50 mph bypass and 40 mph link from A672M, both wide dual carrigeways, they look the same!
Leads to local hospital with A&E.
Highest earning 'safety camera' in Manchester Laughing
pcaouolte
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edessad wrote:
The A1073 in Eye Green near Peterborough. Definate attempt at making money. Two 30mph speed cameras 100 metres apart each clocking traffic in both directions.

Very visible cameras, clearly sign posted at 30mph, on a very busy road, in a built up area. The cameras are located a good distance after the speed limit signs. What's the problem? Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: