Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newbie Advice re Searching On Nuvi 200W
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Advice re Searching On Nuvi 200W

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tartdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Newbie Advice re Searching On Nuvi 200W Reply with quote

Hi,
Just recently got a Nuvi 200W,my problem is how do I search for say a location like a university/town hall/airport/theatre etc, I can enter the city (say Lancaster) but what do I do on the "House No" and "Street Name" pages.for example "Lancaster University" would I have to pre work out its postcode,street name and number first.Thanks in advance for any assistance.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Lancaster Uni website their address is

Lancaster University
Bailrigg, Lancaster. UK
LA1 4YW

A quick check on Google Maps shows this post code is right in the middle of Lancaster University

On my 760 if you ask to goto the postcode it doesn't ask for street names or house numbers because the post code is for the University itself.

Otherwise I'd pick a road and a house number and worry about finding the building once there.
Tartdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it must be the difference between the Nuvi models as even if I enter just the post code it still asks on the next pages for the number and road name.I suppose this is OK if I google the location ie (Lancaster University) prior to setting off on the journey.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you enter the post code above?
Tartdog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be me,now entering the postcode it takes me straight to the location,confused,but thanks for all assistance,cheers.Tartdog.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's one thing that always seems to confuse new users and even myself at times! i have a satnav (well, many...) to take me where i want to go but in order for it to do that i have to google an address and even locate it on a map first before it will take me there :D

POIs are great - not sure if there is one for universities. lancaster is easy cos it's all on one campus (i went there - it's great :D ) but many others are spread across towns in numerous buildings. the POIs, for example form PGPSW, mean you can simply select 'university-- lancaster' and you would get their without having to mess about finding postcodes and addresses...

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: