Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Actualizations for Binatone Carera A350 from PocketGPS World
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Actualizations for Binatone Carera A350 from PocketGPS World
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Actualizations for Binatone Carera A350 from PocketGPS World Reply with quote

Hi!
Does someone know if actualizations work on Binatone Carera A350 from the side Pocket GPS World?
Thanks
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

I'm afraid that looking through other posts here it doesn't appear to be supported.
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the answer!
Do you know where maybe I can find the actualization for UK? - because it is only for Europe on the manufacturer side.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that by "actualizations" you mean Points Of Interest (i.e. markers for the locations of shops and services) or the Speed Camera Database?

If so, when i look through the threads of other users asking the same question it appears that this unit doesn't support the addition of these features.

If not, can you explain what you mean by "actualizations" please?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the above it appears that it is possible IF your unit is running iGo software. However not all A350s run iGo.
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly about new Speed Camera Database (name of file: gbr.smf). I don't remember about new maps, because what I see from this the manufacturer did not foresee the actualization in this model. The purchase of the new map crosses with the aim, because the price is comparable with the purchase new GPS nav. At present factory map has the good covering of what one cann't say about Speed Camera Database.

Last edited by pannonia75 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as I can check my A350 run iGo? I ask for the simple explanation because I am not too fluent in this subject.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is igo:

this is NOT igo:

both are binatone a350's...!

MaFt
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for my English - I will write Polish:

Generalnie to chcę zaktualizować bazę danych fotoradarów dla UK w moim Binatone A350 i jak się da to może jest jakiś sposób na zaktualizowanie mapy. na stronie producenta jest aktualizacja mapy europy do serii "a" ale niema aktualizacji dla UK.
Producent podaje że należy pobrać plik z aktualizacją i po prostu podmienić plik korzystając z czytnika kart SD w komputerze więc sądzę że z UK będzie tak samo. Ja jestem teraz w UK to nie bardzo potrzebna mi jest aktualizacja EU a producent jak na złość nie udostępnia aktualizacji dla UK. Kupiłem to w argosie, ale była gdzieś tam informacja że aktualizacje dostępne są odpłatnie - i tu zonk - rzucą coś czasem z łaski i choć bym się zes..ł to nie idzie tego zaktualizować nawet odpłatnie. No może się da ale nie całkiem legalnie

co do:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&referer=SideBar

to szkoda płacić za coś co może nie działać i chciałem się upewnić że
da się zainstalować na moim a350 - może się da przekonwertować jakimś programem tak żeby było to do odczytania przez sat nav. Z tego co widzę to iGO jest dość drogi i są małe szanse na to żeby bez dodatkowych zabiegów dało się go zainstalować na Binatone A350 - i jeszcze żeby działał poprawnie.

DZIĘKI!
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 - what extension has the file Speed Camera Database? Mine is in *.smf (gbr.smf). Can I maybe alter some programme on the proper format?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PGPSW is offered in many formats.

It is already avalible in a format for the A350 but not all the A350 support it because iGo made many different versions of the A350.

Can you say which of the 2 images above looks like your A350? Look at the image on the A350.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from http://translate.google.com

Quote:
Overall, I want to update the database for Cameras in the UK and my Binatone A350 as possible it may be some way to update maps. manufacturer's web site is to update the map of Europe to the "a" silent update, but for the UK.
Manufacturer claims that you must download the update file and simply replace the file by using the SD card reader on your computer, so I think that the UK will be the same. I am now in the UK is not very necessary to me to update the EU as a producer on the anger does not provide updates for the UK. I bought it in argosie, but there was some information that the updates are available for valuable consideration - and here zonk - bring something to the time of grace, and although I would zes .. L is not even going to update the cost. Maybe we can not quite legally

to:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&referer=SideBar

pay for the damage to something that can not work and I wanted to make sure that
impossible to install on my A350 - may convert some of the program so that it was readable by the sat nav. From what I see to iGO is quite expensive and little prospect of no additional treatment to make it install on Binatone A350 - and yet to work properly.

THANKS!

do you want new maps for your device or speed camera database? we do not provide maps, only speed camera database.

MaFt
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Can you say which of the 2 images above looks like your A350? Look at the image on the A350.

mine is this second - without igo

MaFt wrote:
...do you want new maps for your device or speed camera database? we do not provide maps, only speed camera database.

MaFt

I know so, but maybe you know where from one can take?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you want maps for the A350 ?

Not speed cameras ?

Mapy dla *a350* ?

Nie przyspieszają kamery ?
pannonia75
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to speed cameras and maps, but the more I am on speed cameras. I know that there are no maps because it is a page with speed cameras but can you know where I can find it? I have been looking for a few months and I could not find. :-(

I see that http://translate.google.com/ does not translate correctly. Between Polish and English grammar is a very big difference and no one has so far not been able to write a good translator.
Sorry for the problems associated with this.

In general, most need speed cameras.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: