Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Online Route Planner Help & Tips
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Route Planner Help & Tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Online Route Planner Help & Tips Reply with quote

I got my Active 10 the other day and I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. I was keen to try out the Online Route planner so I dived straight in and in all fairness I was able to get results out pretty quickly just by experimenting. A few things eluded me though like:

1) 3D button next to the 2D one, it's not selectable. I'm figuring that I have to be a certain mode or view for it to work but I'm unsure what this is, can anyone enlighten me? The same is true of the Bird's Eye button, what is it and how do I get it to work?

2) Does anyone know of a User Guide for the Online Route Planner? Something with basic use and perhaps some tips and tricks to help me really get the most out of it?

3) The way I'd like to use the route planner is to store a lot of small routes (typically less then 1mile long and dotted all over a particular area) and then create another set of routes that link the small routes together (I'd rather not create one long route at this stage) The reason for this is that the routes between the small routes can change but the initial smaller routes will never change. I've heard mention of route 'Categories' but haven't had a look into it's use yet, perhaps that is of use here? My question is this then, can I create a new route by stringing other routes together easily rather than having to draw it all from fresh?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brelin
RSB77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: On line route planner Reply with quote

Can't answer all questions but hope this might help a little
1. can't help
2.Not seen one
3.What I would do is create starter (master)route and then save it.
Recall it for editing then after entering next bit rename and save. Just repeat as many times as you wish. However, there are many reasons for linking all together so if you use the route live on your act10 you just activate that one route.

All the route software is new and still being developed and it will change as there are a few glitches but it's still brilliant to use.Don't expect any manual until glitches sorted.
Brelin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responce. Yes things seem fairly raw at the minute so I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: