Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon missing features
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon missing features

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Navigon missing features Reply with quote

If navigon could add a speed readout together with estimated time of arrival - and estimated time to destination (as per TT3) then they would have a first class product - it a shame that such a small omission give TT3 the edge at the moment,
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Navigon missing features Reply with quote

Petekk wrote:
If navigon could add a speed readout together with estimated time of arrival - and estimated time to destination (as per TT3) then they would have a first class product - it a shame that such a small omission give TT3 the edge at the moment,

There is already an estimated time of arrival. Tap the journey time display at the bottom right of the screen.

Cheers
---Dave
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a current speed reading on the top right. The only thing missing seems to be time remaining (i.e. difference between now and ETA)

I had to pick up my wife from a petrol station just off the end of the M40 on Sunday night and I used both current speed and ETA features to great effect.

"The speedo says 43 but GPS says 40 so I'm not going to trigger the speed camera" - I didn't

"I'll be there at 22:33" - actually arrived at 22:32:40 ish.

Working out the time left given the current time and the ETA isn't difficult but it would be very easy for Navigon to have placed it on screen.
SteveR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Navigon missing features Reply with quote

Strange, in my version (the Aldi Medion package, bought in Holland) on the top right of the screen, all I have is the GPS status indication. When the GPS is running, I can see its aquisition status if I tap on the symbol, but nowhere is speed to be found. Could this be one of the differences in the Medion version and a full version, or between the continental and the UK version?
Despite this, I'm generally very please with the package. I don't want subscription services, GPRS services or the like, for something I use occasionally in the course of the year, or as fun on holiday. I want a package I buy once, with a reliable map data base, and full country or area loading to a reasonable sized - not GByte - memory card. The Medion package gives me this, almost.
BigSecret
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most recent Aldi/Medion package had Version 3.1 software if that helps.
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 4 has got it all! And you can choose where you want to see it on the screen. Also if you desire it, you can see them all at the same time without tapping...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: