Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom release v8.350 for GO x20, GO x30 and GO x40
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2, what you have described is how I would approach this, by putting the LoquendoTTS folder on the card first when you use WinRar to extract the Navcore to the card it will only replace the two files within the /bin and /lib sub folders during the installation, everything else will remain as before - Then it should work - Mike
travisb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave my updated 920T (software on device, maps on card) a 4.5 hour trip back from Cambridge yesterday. The suttering has gone, and the volume on Kate was fine. However the volume on the PGPSW camera warnings is significantly lower than before!
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Robin2, what you have described is how I would approach this, by putting the LoquendoTTS folder on the card first when you use WinRar to extract the Navcore to the card it will only replace the two files within the /bin and /lib sub folders during the installation, everything else will remain as before - Then it should work - Mike

Thanks Mike - that fixed it. I hadn't realised how loud (and distorted!) Kate was on max volume, as I only bought the refurb 720 just a week or so ago and went straight to 8.350 85% seems ok.

On the brief test I have just done, there was no trace of Kate stuttering. Was that fixed by 8.302?

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
On the brief test I have just done, there was no trace of Kate stuttering. Was that fixed by 8.302?

Not 100% but it was considerably better than 8,300 - interesting your comments about the volume with Kate set at 100% when comparing the two software versions, I guess you are one of the few people that have an idea why TomTom decided to lower the output level if you can clearly hear distortion - Just remember though if/ when the next maps are released you will have to be running 8,350 to get the new map working on the device - Mike
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had quite a few lockups and resets now with 8.350 on my 930.

Never had any problem on previous version.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done nearly 150 miles since Thursday with update still not noticed any problems voice could be a bit louder but if I take the tick out of link to noise Kate blasts out instructions.

Have noticed that when playing music it does stutter the last word before instruction given but thats minor.

Shadow under car icon nice touch.

Fingers crossed I'll stay happy Very Happy
NA 2GB v8.45

Last edited by Hoppy on Sun May 17, 2009 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bongoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Analysis of “Boot loader” version number. Reply with quote

Most users seem to not get the problem with the device being locked when connecting it to a computer. So what’s the difference to those being affected?

Some months ago I had a problem with my first TT 720 so I got a new one from the TomTom support. The new was a refurbished device with Boot loader version: 5.5120 (my original device had Boot loader v 1.0012).

It would be of some interest to see if the locking problem is connected to a particular version of the boot loader.

If you got the time, could at least some of you please post your version number and a note whether that version works or not?

Maybe this could help users anticipate what devices will work by investigating their boot loader version before downloading 8.350.

How to obtain the boot loader version from a TT 720 (and perhaps other TT-devices):
1) Power on
2) On the default map window, tap to the right at the bottom of the status bar
3) Tap on the rectangle to the right, near the bottom of the window, where the version number is displayed
4) On the 4:th line you can see the GPS version and the “Boot version”.

My boot version is 5.5120 and it is not working.
jonial
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 720 seems to work perfectly with Boot Loader 5.5120

Garmin Nuvi 2547LM
CamerAlert
PGPS Speed Cameras
Bongoman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonial wrote:
My 720 seems to work perfectly with Boot Loader 5.5120

Well, I got an answer from one user with a Go 530 claiming his boot loader was 5.5120 and not working.

And then the first forum post comes and my new hypothesis seem to lose all interest. Embarassed

I hope the TT support people have more luck then I when trying to identify the problem. But after one week of waiting there are no signs of them fixing the problem.
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems with my voice volume on my GO 940 with latest Navcore 8.350.8890 and Bootloader 5.5120!

iPhone 12
Skywalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Screen Flicker Reply with quote

Hi JaTe Glad someone else has picked up on this. If you go through the postings you can see quite a few people reporting this but it hasn't had the same impact as the low volume prob

Last edited by Skywalker on Sun May 17, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe, I have the same issue you describe. Every 20-30 seconds, I lose all map detail for a second. It always re-appears. Have reported it to the people that need to know, but so far, its not a widely reported problem!

iPhone 12
Cav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JaTe, I have the same issue you describe. Every 20-30 seconds, I lose all map detail for a second. It always re-appears. Have reported it to the people that need to know, but so far, its not a widely reported problem

I also had the same problem as this with the new software, so went back to the 8.302 all is fine now.
wilfuerdo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded software on 920T (after some huge hassle & reformats) volume seems fine to me, I cannot tell a difference.

I do however have a problem with screen refresh, as I am travelling, EVERY few seconds the screen goes off for a split second and then back on. I have tried reading about this issue but dont see what causes or a fix.

Is there a solution to cure the screen refresh?

Thank you
Andy
pEst_29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also getting the screen refresh problem since updating. When it happens, which is most of the time, it's about every 15 secs. I lose all map detail for a second and then it comes back. It's really getting on my nerves!

I think I'll have to revert to previous version, I'll have to go back to my backup and lose stuff I did since then. Mad

Also, I don't know if this makes any sense but it seems a full battery is only lasting about 45 minutes now!!! Anyone else noticing a sudden shortening of battery life?

Last edited by pEst_29 on Sun May 17, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 29 of 39

Jump to: